Site of promotion
https://campaigns.f-secure.com/deal2020/en/
Starts on
Mar 25, 2020
Ends on
Mar 30, 2020
Instructions
Click on the wanted blue " Now " button. Fill in information and payment option. Confirm order.

MacDefender

Level 5
Verified
Not entirely true.
Personal I use a VPN as an extra security layer to block criminals. Automatic creates less headache.
So from my reading, what they log is what IP you use to connect to their VPN in order to be able to investigate fraud/abuse and such logs are stored for 90 days. Other than that, they only log additional info if you turn on additional features. They do not log what you visit.
Note that your ISP also can see the fact that your device is connecting to a FreeDOME VPN endpoint....

Overall this seems okay for my VPN use cases but it all depends on what your concerns are.

upnorth

Level 41
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
So from my reading, what they log is what IP you use to connect to their VPN in order to be able to investigate fraud/abuse and such logs are stored for 90 days. Other than that, they only log additional info if you turn on additional features. They do not log what you visit.
You pretty much boiled down and covered the essential. The fraud/abuse, is simply when a customer would use the service for spam or DDoS attacks etc. Very understandable as trust, is always a two-way street.