Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
Fresh from my mailbox

Hello,

We are releasing a new version of F-Secure Internet Security 2014 Beta today (In ISTP terms, TP88). This release brings couple of new things to the table:

- Deepguard 5: Improved detection for exploits
- New Online Safety settings page
- Banking Protection improvements
- Link for Safe Profile Facebook application on the Launch pad

For the full list of new things available, please refer to the release notes.

Please do note that we have changed the graphics of the user interface elements and we will change them still in the future. So all feedback related to product banners, Launch Pad graphics and block page graphics are not relevant for this release.

If you encounter any issues with the latest release, please report them through https://beta.f-secure.com as soon as possible!

Best Regards,
F-Secure Beta Piloting Team

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
RE: [NEWS] F-Secure Internet Security 2014 Beta

After releasing TP88 yesterday we have received multiple reports and also verified an issue related to Internet Explorer browser and the latest Online Safety plugin.

Symptoms:

When using a site which requires a login with Internet Explorer, the login attempt will fail with "Page could not be displayed" error if the Browser plugin is enabled.

Workaround:

Currently the workaround is to use either alternative browser or disable the plugin from Internet Explorer.

Please do note that the browser is still protected even if the Online Safety plugin is disabled.

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
RE: [NEWS] F-Secure Internet Security 2014 Beta

nastavnikhe said:
After releasing TP88 yesterday we have received multiple reports and also verified an issue related to Internet Explorer browser and the latest Online Safety plugin.

Symptoms:

When using a site which requires a login with Internet Explorer, the login attempt will fail with "Page could not be displayed" error if the Browser plugin is enabled.

Workaround:

Currently the workaround is to use either alternative browser or disable the plugin from Internet Explorer.

Please do note that the browser is still protected even if the Online Safety plugin is disabled.
Thanks for the update

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
[NEWS] F-Secure Internet Security 2014 Beta ISTP 89

From my Email:

We are releasing a new version of F-Secure Internet Security 2014 Beta today (ISTP 89). This release brings improvements to the Internet Explorer browser plugin as well as fixes the issue with site logins or logouts when using Internet Explorer and Online Safety plugin.

This release also contains multiple bug fixes based on feedback received on previous releases. Please refer to the release notes for full listing.

Also the graphics are now corrected so all feedback related to them is relevant again.

If you encounter any issues with the latest release, please report them through https://beta.f-secure.com as soon as possible!

Best Regards,

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
[NEWS] F-Secure Internet Security 2014 Beta ISTP 89.5

From my Email:

We are releasing a new version of F-Secure Internet Security 2014 Beta today (ISTP 89.5). Reason why this version is not a full ISTP number up, is cause there is no new feature development done on this version, but only bug fixes as this version is now quite close to our final version of Internet Security 2014.

You can find the full list of fixes from the release notes!

If you encounter any issues with this release, please report them through https://beta.f-secure.com as soon as possible!

Best Regards,

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: [NEWS] F-Secure Internet Security 2014 Beta ISTP 89.5

Thanks for the update.

Are you using F-Secure beta?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

I have used it and looks similar to 2013 version.
I still have a complain from the product that in av version there is no banking protection and in internet security there is no firewall control,so if I use av with 3rd party firewall there is no banking protection and in IS there is no firewall control and I cant use 3rd party firewall with suite.

Otherwise the product is light and effective as always and their beta version is more usable than some of final versions :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

"Banking mode protection" is so over-rated.

1. Clean PC + Secure connection + Anti-Phishing (browser or security software) = no risk.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012

Never tried it yet,but may be in futher ;)
Thanks for share :)

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013

Earth said:
Thanks for the update.

Installed on my Windows 7 PC. To be honest, heavy ...

Z

ZeroDay

I tried fsecure once, the install took so long I cancelled it and chose something else.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Earth said:
"Banking mode protection" is so over-rated.

1. Clean PC + Secure connection + Anti-Phishing (browser or security software) = no risk.

Maybe banking protection is not needed when you have personal pc but in other case when the machine is home shared and one cannot scan pc while doing sensitive work everytime (mostly can be scan by hitman pro as its need minutes).But when there is banking protection like avast comodo,user sensitive data might be save even if their infection on pc.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Banking Protection doesn't save your PC from infection, all it does it provide a false sense of security where your AV fails to protect, because the end user isn't full aware of Internet threats.

I recall, asking another member if they'd use an infected PC with Banking mode active, their answer was no (2 users). So what does that tell you.

If malware is an issue, maybe switching to a less vulnerable platform, or switching protection to prevent such accidents. Yes, I'd assume this would be a challenging task and something for them to figure out.

bob974

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2013

Dima007 said:
Earth said:
Thanks for the update.

Installed on my Windows 7 PC. To be honest, heavy ...

Yes too heavy only on scan on-demand but great protection...
I hope they will resolve this problem

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013

bob974 said:
Yes too heavy only on scan on-demand but great protection...
I hope they will resolve this problem

Hope also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.