Not open for further replies.
C

CySecy825

Thread author
I understand its Free vs Paid product comparision but anyway

H

hjlbx

Thread author
If a security soft ranks amongst the top performing AVs, it won't matter much if it does function correctly or causes problems on your specific system.

From lab test results F-Secure has an edge over Panda during testing the past few years in terms of detection (although higher false positives).

From users, it seems more prefer Panda - which is one of Neil Rubenking's (PCMag) favs (that don't mean much - but that is just my opinion).

I'd say, in terms of overall protection, Panda has a slight edge; it might protect your system in a few instances that F-Secure will not.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
RAM consumption: Panda is the winner.

Install and forget: F-Secure is the winner.

User Interface: F-Secure is the winner.

Tweaking: Panda is the winner.

Protection: F - Secure is the winner.

Zero day protection: F - Secure

My verdict is F-Secure because it has good user interface, install and forget, protection level, and zero day protection. Since F-Secure uses Bitdefender signature + F-Secure signature, therefore the detection rate will rekt Panda for good because BitDefender signature is next to Kaspersky.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In this case I will go for F-secure since its been established very well on their protection/prevention capabilities.

Their Deepguard is one of the active components and we saw it through action. Meanwhile Panda's BB is barely to be a last resort when samples are bypass.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
F-Secure certainly has better signatures & their deep guard technology comes effective against some tough malwares as well. Panda being a cloud product uses less RAM than F-Secure. I have very recently tested Panda IS 2016 & found it little bit buggy. Sometimes the scan get stuck at a Point, the behavior blocker comes turned off by default & doesn't react to threats many a times. Even if you compare Panda IS with F-Secure, i am quiet sure that F-Secure is going to be a clear winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.