Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
The title says it all:
F-secure IS 2013 vs KIS 2013 vs ESS 6
Which do you prefer for good protection and low resources usage? Also, what's inportant for the poll/thread is how bug free is the product you choose.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Akash209 said:
1.Fsecure is2013
2..Kis2013
3.Ess 6
What made you sort them in this way? Eset HIPS and IDS can be very powerful if set it correctly. About KIS, I have some experience, it's very good. About F-secure?

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Nikos751 said:
Akash209 said:
1.Fsecure is2013
2..Kis2013
3.Ess 6
What made you sort them in this way? Eset HIPS and IDS can be very powerful if set it correctly. About KIS, I have some experience, it's very good. About F-secure?

About Protection and uses of cpu and also ram & hips with remoal of malware, virus F-Secure is Better then ESET and Kaspersky, Then comes to Kaspersky & Eset!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I couldn't get my suggestion there as, both products have better protection especially web based threats from zero day + implemented HIPS or BB for represented name components.

For F-secure their Deepguard feature isn't an ignore component since it made really well for protection status.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
jamescv7 said:
I couldn't get my suggestion there as, both products have better protection especially web based threats from zero day + implemented HIPS or BB for represented name components.

For F-secure their Deepguard feature isn't an ignore component since it made really well for protection status.

I don't get what do you mean by saying "I couldn't get my suggestion there ", maybe it's my English that are noy very good, so which of them do you consider as best solution?

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

I have heard of their "DeepGuard". I don't know if it is HIPS, auto sandbox for malware analysis, or a BB. If it is any one of those three, there is no doubt in my mind that F-Secure can kick some arse.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Gnosis said:

I have heard of their "DeepGuard". I don't know if it is HIPS, auto sandbox for malware analysis, or a BB. If it is any one of those three, there is no doubt in my mind that F-Secure can kick some arse.

It seems it's some kind of a mystery :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nikos751: What I meant to say is that I've couldn't picked which is best for the 3 security products since both of them differ in protection status and almost have the features which are standard to use.

Gnosis: From what I've understand in DeepGuard feature is that acts as malware/viruses behavior blocker.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
jamescv7 said:
Nikos751: What I meant to say is that I've couldn't picked which is best for the 3 security products since both of them differ in protection status and almost have the features which are standard to use.

Gnosis: From what I've understand in DeepGuard feature is that acts as malware/viruses behavior blocker.
Wikipedia refers to it as a "HIPS or advanced system monitoring technology"

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
I used F-Secure IS and I am very pleased. Protection was flawless. Maybe it's just a bit heavy on resources.
I do not understand why F-Secure does not have a firewall,F-Secure uses windows firewall!?

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
If anyone use F-secure then he must be able the feature DEEPGUARD & the Penal control... These two feature r the best in F-Secure!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
nastavnikhe said:
I used F-Secure IS and I am very pleased. Protection was flawless. Maybe it's just a bit heavy on resources.
I do not understand why F-Secure does not have a firewall,F-Secure uses windows firewall!?

I think the firewall feature is likely from the settings just navigate there.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I would tend to lean more towards ESET, as I've heard it's great for a gaming system. Plus from the tests I did I would feel more comfortable with ESET, compared to the others.

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
F-seure IS 2013 doesn't have a firewall, it uses Windows firewall. It has too many processes but it didn't feel heavy at all - definitely lighter than KIS 2013, at least for me. It has an excellent web-filter, and also scans files you download before they get on the HD. So there's almost nothing to dislike with it. I have used both three suites for different periods and it is really difficult to point out a definitive leader. As to system impact only, then I think it is a rhetorical question - ESET wins.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
In the previous version (F-Secure IS 2012) was a their firewall.
Is the Windows firewall good enough (compared to Kaspersky firewalll)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.