Status
Not open for further replies.

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Hi ,
Avira Engine is free, SO you can use it with any security , just stop Real time protection and Schedule scan every 1 week .

The choice become Norton and FS :

No Way , ( FS is best engine + very low false positive ) = High detection rate
Light

Norton : ( V. good engine + high rate of false positive )= medium detection rate
lighter after some time

Reactions: gigi64

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
As long you don't mind with the price, then I'd like to vote for Norton, those 3 are just pretty good you can't go wrong with that. Although I never try f-secure before but I read many reviews it's a pretty good Av. However if you think just want a free and simple Av, then you could go with Avira. My vote goes for Norton because Norton had so many features like Sonar, file reputation, good firewall etc. And yes..the recent version (since 2014 version) is light :)

Since Norton had file reputation feature, you can check any files you downloaded from the internet before deciding to install it, speaking about protection, I think it's all depends on user actions, so those 3 anti-virus looks the same for me and almost pretty equal.

Last edited:

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
The three are good product but..
On window 8.1 i experienced many issues with fsecure so if i have no choice i would go with avira or norton.

Reactions: gigi64
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.