Coupon Code F-Secure products %50 off BlackFriday

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Hello! Use the coupon code "BLACKFRIDAY" to save %50 on all F-Secure products.

Tifa (11/19/2018, 8:19:18 AM): Discount, currently we have BLACKFRIDAY discount for this week

Tifa (11/19/2018, 8:19:38 AM): For new customers only

The product is very light. I am running it on Windows 10 1809 and no issues.

F-Secure resources usage.PNG

F-Secure main interface.PNGF-Secure Parental control.PNGF-Secure Tools.PNGF-Secure app and file control.PNGF-Secure Virus Protection settings.PNGF-Secure Firewall settings.PNGF-Secure Deep Guard settings.PNGF-Secure Banking Protection settings.PNGF-Secure Browsing Protection settings.PNGF-Secure Browser Extensions.PNGF-Secure Manual scanning.PNG

Have a nice day

Last edited:

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Wow! Nice discount for a top safety product, thanks :emoji_v:

From what I see you are a loyal F-Secure customer. I have purchased the Internet Security version today but I can't seem to find anything about Banking Protection! Was it discontinued or what?

Reactions: Weebarra

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Dear F-Secure users,

Black Friday & Cyber Monday are coming. Therefore, be ready to get 50% off on the products TOTAL and FREEDOME.
The offer is valid from the 21th of November until the 26th of November 2018, for new customers only.

An overview of all coupon benefits:
Voucher code: BLACKFRIDAY
Discount: 50%
Products: TOTAL and FREEDOME
Redeemable period: 11/21/2018 – 11/26/2018

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
From what I see you are a loyal F-Secure customer. I have purchased the Internet Security version today but I can't seem to find anything about Banking Protection! Was it discontinued or what?
Their banking protection is not that good..
Seem to be done at below average in Mrg tests as well
Nevertheless it is a silent efficient no fuss product with a good BB..
F secure will develop in further years..already dropping up BD engine is a good signal for it!

Reactions: Al-Faqir

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Maybe I'm old school but I don't understand how you could call it light when it has a bunch of processes using that amount of RAM.

How would you compare 120 MB of ram (F-Secure) with 600 MB (Bitdefender)?. Anyway it is not the ram usage that defines how light a product is. I am using F-Secure and I feel no slowdowns. The system is very responsive. The system startup is very fast. No browsing slowdowns with F-Secure Browser extension. Bullguard and F-Secure are two of the lightest products available nowadays.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
F secure will develop in further years..already dropping up BD engine is a good signal for it!

When you access a banking site should't be any notification from F-Secure? I see no sign of banking protection in action maybe it works silently?

vaccineboy

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
How would you compare 120 MB of ram (F-Secure) with 600 MB (Bitdefender)?. Anyway it is not the ram usage that defines how light a product is. I am using F-Secure and I feel no slowdowns. The system is very responsive. The system startup is very fast. No browsing slowdowns with F-Secure Browser extension. Bullguard and F-Secure are two of the lightest products available nowadays.
I agree RAM doesn't define the weight of a software. But I guess I'm just stuck in the past and possibly another universe. Using linux as my, and my family's, main OS for more than 10 years, RAM is always around 300-500MB. And in Win XP inside VirtualBox, our security is always very light: Panda AV at some point I remember only 20MB, then Comodo only 3-4MB, and then now when I decide to pull XP off internet completely, NVT ERP only 20MB.

But come to think of it, I've just checked my corporate laptop running Win 10, I realize how insane traditional av has become. Here is Forticlient:
1542704897662.png

And here is McAfee (1st batch, yeah only 1ST BATCH):
1542705002803.png

Behold for McAfee 2nd batch:
1542705060160.png

Why the h are there so many processes! Ain't these security companies got nothing better to do than to jack up our computer?

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I agree RAM doesn't define the weight of a software. But I guess I'm just stuck in the past and possibly another universe. Using linux as my, and my family's, main OS for more than 10 years, RAM is always around 300-500MB. And in Win XP inside VirtualBox, our security is always very light: Panda AV at some point I remember only 20MB, then Comodo only 3-4MB, and then now when I decide to pull XP off internet completely, NVT ERP only 20MB.

But come to think of it, I've just checked my corporate laptop running Win 10, I realize how insane traditional av has become. Here is Forticlient:
View attachment 202053

And here is McAfee (1st batch, yeah only 1ST BATCH):
View attachment 202054

Behold for McAfee 2nd batch:
View attachment 202055
Why the h are there so many processes! Ain't these security companies got nothing better to do than to jack up our computer?

Well, many processes really kills me but who knows that's what the company sees. The amount of used ram does not matter if you have 8 GB or more but what really matters is the actual performance of the security product. It should not affect your daily habits. One should never sacrifice performance for security. A balanced product is what I need. Panda is one of the lightest ever but, to be honest, I never felt secure while using it. Maybe it is just a feeling. I see some of MT users use it with ForgottenSeer 58943 settings and they are happy with it, but according to harlan's test Panda is not doing well. Regarding Mcafee, to which I have access to lifetime license as it is offered to my mother for free, I used it but the many process drove me away as well as the issue I encountered "stuck with the old ugly interface".
I can't speak for Forti as I have never tried it.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
When you access a banking site should't be any notification from F-Secure? I see no sign of banking protection in action maybe it works silently?
Hmm.. but i did break through it..few days ago
Chrome was hijacked and traffic has been captured (i'm though on safe side)
But most of the BANKING MALWARES I EXECUTED WERE kiled by Deep guard on sight..just 1 made through it
Well done ! Actually but if DG is by passed it is questionable.

AV-Freak

Level 1
Verified
Feb 14, 2018
@Mahesh Sudula May i know what engine they use at present ? It's being sold at very low prices in Amazon India .

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Yes, new Avira hybrid cloud engine is in the works. And it is scheduled to public release pretty soon
The change takes place gradually from early Q4/2018 onwards. We aim to be finished early in H1/2019.

So far I can only say positive things about it. Most of it is cloud based, resulting it local signatures being extremely small (by today's standard) :)

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Maybe I'm old school but I don't understand how you could call it light when it has a bunch of processes using that amount of RAM.
Memory RAM is to be used and not economized , most of the cases where the program consumes little memory is harmful to your processor, because it will use more processing power, so almost always the use of RAM is always beneficial for your machine , this will result in better program performance and response.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Code no work for me.
Dear F-Secure users,

Black Friday & Cyber Monday are coming. Therefore, be ready to get 50% off on the products TOTAL and FREEDOME.
The offer is valid from the 21th of November until the 26th of November 2018, for new customers only.

An overview of all coupon benefits:
Voucher code: BLACKFRIDAY
Discount: 50%
Products: TOTAL and FREEDOME
Redeemable period: 11/21/2018 – 11/26/2018
Thats sad to hear so I just rechecked and for TOTAL and FREEDOME it works.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.