Less than 30 days
Computer specifications
See configuration
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
Overall Rating
4.00 star(s)
Disclaimer
  1. Any views or opinions expressed are that of the member giving the information and may be subjective.
    This software may behave differently on your device.

We encourage you to compare these opinions with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying a product you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

McMcbrad

Level 20
Oct 16, 2020
If you are talking about Avira in the past, but now I disagree. Avira is very very light. I am talking about the antivirus Pro. I have used it for some time (the three-month trial).
I tested it before, as well as used to recommend it to people at one point and they were all coming back to me, saying their PCs didn’t work well. It was in 2018 if I am not mistaken.

roger_m

Level 31
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I tested it before, as well as used to recommend it to people at one point and they were all coming back to me, saying their PCs didn’t work well. It was in 2018 if I am not mistaken.
I also haven't used it lately and maybe I should test it again. The last few times I used it, it would sometimes run multiple scans at once, which you could see in Task Manager. This understandably caused slowdowns and I have no idea why it was running multiple scans.

oldschool

Level 59
Verified
Mar 29, 2018
Due to the reasons above, I am uninstalling Avira for now and I consider it failed on my test.
I recall @stefanos tried it again before disappearing sometime last year and he had a similar experience, the ads being the least of the problem since they can be blocked.

I was thinking of him when I installed AVG recently and wonder where oh where can our Greek friend be? 🤔🤔

McMcbrad

Level 20
Oct 16, 2020
I recall @stefanos tried it again before disappearing sometime last year and he had a similar experience, the ads being the least of the problem since they can be blocked.

I was thinking of him when I installed AVG recently and wonder where oh where can our Greek friend be? 🤔🤔
Oh no, it’s not about the ads, it’s just the feeling that it leaves in me.. it feels like not enough work was put in this product... the inconsistencies in the UI, the 32-bit architecture, the ancient prompts, Luke Filewalker... you can’t criticise a free product, but I normally buy premium editions and Avira feels like a rip-off.

They claim they have a cloud detonation, but I couldn’t trigger it in any way.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 42
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016

Last seen Sep 6, 2020... I hope all is well for him.

F 4 E

Level 2
Jan 27, 2019
Banking Protection is useless to me. I tried to set up direct debit for my phone provider, and when I hit the Submit key, nothing happened.

When I disabled Banking Protection using Edge and Firefox it still wouldn't go through.

I used another browser that is unsupported and therefore unprotected, and it worked. Go figure !