F - Secure Safe 2016 - Is it worth to install? Would you recommended it?

Discussion in 'F-Secure' started by Trickster, Aug 1, 2016.

?

F - Secure Safe 2016 - Is it worth to install? Would you recommended it?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. I have never tried F - Secure Safe 2016

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Loving / caring Husband :)
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    Hello everyone!

today I recieved an email from my internet provider that they provide free f-secure safe for each and every customer. before I am going to install it , I have some questions for people who use / or have used F-secure. Is it worth to install? does it provide good security and how does it perform on the system? thanks! :D ;) :p

2. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    I use f-secure search provider. It uses the google search engine, but does not display the results with all the google dressings.
    In fact, it is pretty plain and straightforward. It displays text results with text only, and image results are on a separate tab.
    I like that a lot.

3. tonibalas

tonibalas Level 38
    Trusted

Sep 26, 2014
    Is it worth it to install? Yes it's a good security software.
    It uses BD signatures and it has a good web blocker and a great Behavioral Blocker ( with some false positives though ).

Does it provide good security? As i wrote above in my opinion it does.

How it performs? In new systems you will not notice any slowdown but in old systems like mine after a while you will see some drop of performance and especially while browsing in the internet.
    F-Secure has 10 processes and uses about 70 MB of RAM.

As i said in a new system you 'll not feel any slowdown.

I have used F-Secure IS 2016 6 months ago.

I hope i have helped.

4. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    you certainly helped with this nice and extensive answer! my laptop is 6 months old and has 4 gigs of ram , I never buy to expensive laptops because I am not a gamer and I do not run heavy photo / video editing programs :) so I may test it ou a bit later on!

LASER_oneXM, frogboy, davisd and 3 others like this.
  5. tonibalas

tonibalas Level 38
    Trusted

Sep 26, 2014
    My laptop also has 4 GB of RAM but it's ddr2 800 mhz 7 and it's 7 a half years old.
    In a new laptop like yours i don't think you 'll have any problem;)

6. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    thanks tonibalas for your expertise! very much appreciated! I am going to do a clean system install via backup and install that badboy :p

7. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

F-Secure Safe is OK.

It should provide decent base-line security.

If you're looking for any potential problems, then you won't know until it is installed on your system.

I personally have never tried it, but based on other users' and lab reviews it provides good protection.

LASER_oneXM, Trickster and davisd like this.
  8. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    have installed F-Secure safe , it puts some extra time onto the bootup sequence but the rest is nice , snappy and responsive! nice for a " free " product , while saying this I am litteraly moving my eyebrowes up and down like groucho marx did :p ;)

9. frogboy

frogboy Level 61
    Trusted

Jun 9, 2013
    Heavy Duty Mechanic.
    Western Australia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    @Trickster i do hope you enjoy your new software selection my friend. Be keen to know how it performs. :)

10. ptup

ptup Level 3

Jul 31, 2012
    Portugal
    I use F-Secure Safe and it is very light on the system and in good detections

LASER_oneXM and frogboy like this.
  11. rupeshjoshi62

rupeshjoshi62 Level 7

Oct 31, 2013
    Student
    Nepal
    Windows 10
    F-Secure
    Using it since 3 months and I would recommend it

- Very Light
    - Good Detection Ratio
    - Good BB ( Deep Guard)
    - Simple GUI

Note : You can give it a try for 6 months as a promotion event Here.

LASER_oneXM and Trickster like this.
  12. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Level 13
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 13, 2016
    Holland
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    My ISP provides F-secure also (Ziggo). Due to positive reviews I did try it also. I have a dual core Pentium (G3240) with SSD and normally Chrome starts cold in 1-2 (just over 1) seconds and repetitive starts take less than a second. With Ziggo's rebranded F-secure cold start of Chrome takes 4 secs and repetative starts just over 2 secs.

For reference Windows Defender makes Chrome start in two seconds (on Windows 10) and repetative starts in 1-2 (just over 1) seconds.

LASER_oneXM likes this.
  13. jamescv7

jamescv7 Level 61
    Trusted

Mar 15, 2011
    Web and FileMaker Developer
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Not an overrated product, just an exact security product you need.

Balance protection and active Deepguard.

LASER_oneXM likes this.
  14. soccer97

soccer97 Level 11

May 22, 2014
    Windows 10
    Zemana
    It's a good solid product. Less resource usage than Trend Micro, less data collection per se' than Norton or McAfee. It adds a few seconds to boot-up time, but it is free and it performs pretty well. The GUI is also easy to use. I would and have used it.

LASER_oneXM likes this.
  15. mostafa96

mostafa96 Level 3

Nov 2, 2015
    Egypt
    i tried it for two days and uninstall it because it has too much false positive especially web pages but its too light no slowdown at all but has too many FP

LASER_oneXM likes this.
  16. Lord Ami

Lord Ami Level 15
    Trusted AV Tester

Sep 14, 2014
    Estonia
    I can also only recommend it. Been using it for months and perhaps the most irritating thing is Banking protection. Not sure why or how, but sometimes it is left "ON" and thus other connections are disabled/disconnected (can be changed in settings). Maybe I've only had one false positive during this time... if at all.

Otherwise, light on resources, almost excellent detection (in Malware Hub + in AV-Test, AV-Comparatives). A big plus in my opinion is privacy - read more on their homepage :)

soccer97 and LASER_oneXM like this.
  17. RoboMan

RoboMan Level 17
    Content Creator

Jun 24, 2016
    USA
    Windows 10
    ESET
    I tried FSecure Antivirus back in 2014/2015 on my main laptop (4GB RAM back then, old processor). For my surprise, it had a really precise and amazing detection ratio (i saw that on AV-COMPARATIVES but had to try on my own). And for being such an old laptop, it behaved surprisingly well. Not a single performance issue. Real time protection was to highlight as well. The only thing that i really hated, that actually made me uninstall it was the malware removal capability. Out of 10 detected samples, 9 couldn't be removed with the software. I never find out why and they couldn't explain to me. Hopefully, this has been dealt with by now.