F - Secure Safe 2016 - Is it worth to install? Would you recommended it?

F - Secure Safe 2016 - Is it worth to install? Would you recommended it?

• Yes

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I have never tried F - Secure Safe 2016

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Hello everyone!

today I recieved an email from my internet provider that they provide free f-secure safe for each and every customer. before I am going to install it , I have some questions for people who use / or have used F-secure. Is it worth to install? does it provide good security and how does it perform on the system? thanks! :D ;) :p

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I use f-secure search provider. It uses the google search engine, but does not display the results with all the google dressings.
In fact, it is pretty plain and straightforward. It displays text results with text only, and image results are on a separate tab.
I like that a lot.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Is it worth it to install? Yes it's a good security software.
It uses BD signatures and it has a good web blocker and a great Behavioral Blocker ( with some false positives though ).

Does it provide good security? As i wrote above in my opinion it does.

How it performs? In new systems you will not notice any slowdown but in old systems like mine after a while you will see some drop of performance and especially while browsing in the internet.
F-Secure has 10 processes and uses about 70 MB of RAM.

As i said in a new system you 'll not feel any slowdown.

I have used F-Secure IS 2016 6 months ago.

I hope i have helped.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Is it worth it to install? Yes it's a good security software.
It uses BD signatures and it has a good web blocker and a great Behavioral Blocker ( with some false positives though ).

Does it provide good security? As i wrote above in my opinion it does.

How it performs? In new systems you will not notice any slowdown but in old systems like mine after a while you will see some drop of performance and especially while browsing in the internet.
F-Secure has 10 processes and uses about 70 MB of RAM.

As i said in a new system you 'll not feel any slowdown.

I have used F-Secure IS 2016 6 months ago.

I hope i have helped.

you certainly helped with this nice and extensive answer! my laptop is 6 months old and has 4 gigs of ram , I never buy to expensive laptops because I am not a gamer and I do not run heavy photo / video editing programs :) so I may test it ou a bit later on!

H

hjlbx

F-Secure Safe is OK.

It should provide decent base-line security.

If you're looking for any potential problems, then you won't know until it is installed on your system.

I personally have never tried it, but based on other users' and lab reviews it provides good protection.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
have installed F-Secure safe , it puts some extra time onto the bootup sequence but the rest is nice , snappy and responsive! nice for a " free " product , while saying this I am litteraly moving my eyebrowes up and down like groucho marx did :p ;)

rupeshkj

Level 7
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
Using it since 3 months and I would recommend it

- Very Light
- Good Detection Ratio
- Good BB ( Deep Guard)
- Simple GUI

Note : You can give it a try for 6 months as a promotion event Here.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
My ISP provides F-secure also (Ziggo). Due to positive reviews I did try it also. I have a dual core Pentium (G3240) with SSD and normally Chrome starts cold in 1-2 (just over 1) seconds and repetitive starts take less than a second. With Ziggo's rebranded F-secure cold start of Chrome takes 4 secs and repetative starts just over 2 secs.

For reference Windows Defender makes Chrome start in two seconds (on Windows 10) and repetative starts in 1-2 (just over 1) seconds.

Reactions: LASER_oneXM

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not an overrated product, just an exact security product you need.

Balance protection and active Deepguard.

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
It's a good solid product. Less resource usage than Trend Micro, less data collection per se' than Norton or McAfee. It adds a few seconds to boot-up time, but it is free and it performs pretty well. The GUI is also easy to use. I would and have used it.

mostafa96

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 2, 2015
i tried it for two days and uninstall it because it has too much false positive especially web pages but its too light no slowdown at all but has too many FP

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I can also only recommend it. Been using it for months and perhaps the most irritating thing is Banking protection. Not sure why or how, but sometimes it is left "ON" and thus other connections are disabled/disconnected (can be changed in settings). Maybe I've only had one false positive during this time... if at all.

Otherwise, light on resources, almost excellent detection (in Malware Hub + in AV-Test, AV-Comparatives). A big plus in my opinion is privacy - read more on their homepage :)

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I tried FSecure Antivirus back in 2014/2015 on my main laptop (4GB RAM back then, old processor). For my surprise, it had a really precise and amazing detection ratio (i saw that on AV-COMPARATIVES but had to try on my own). And for being such an old laptop, it behaved surprisingly well. Not a single performance issue. Real time protection was to highlight as well. The only thing that i really hated, that actually made me uninstall it was the malware removal capability. Out of 10 detected samples, 9 couldn't be removed with the software. I never find out why and they couldn't explain to me. Hopefully, this has been dealt with by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.