Advice Request F-Secure wants to remove incompatible applications?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Why do I need to allow F-Secure Safe Trial to remove SpywareBlaster, Shadow Defender & HitmanPro.
Anyway to install F-Secure without removing three not-incompatible programs.
4525.png

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Why is F-Secure SAFE incompatible with HitmanPro? - F-Secure Community - 100732
Solved: F-secure incompatible with HitmanPro - F-Secure Community - 92148

I got F-Secure Safe on sale and then got the surprise warning to remove HitmanPro. I was like, no, you mean HitmanPro.Alert, right? Nope, HitmanPro. So I removed the little scanner. Then reinstalled it after F-Sec. was finished installing and was able to run both without further problems. This is one of the main reasons I ultimately removed F-Secure, it makes no sense. But I didn't want any surprises down the road.

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Why is F-Secure SAFE incompatible with HitmanPro? - F-Secure Community - 100732
Solved: F-secure incompatible with HitmanPro - F-Secure Community - 92148

I got F-Secure Safe on sale and then got the surprise warning to remove HitmanPro. I was like, no, you mean HitmanPro.Alert, right? Nope, HitmanPro. So I removed the little scanner. Then reinstalled it after F-Sec. was finished installing and was able to run both without further problems. This is one of the main reasons I ultimately removed F-Secure, it makes no sense. But I didn't want any surprises down the road.
So, I have to uninstall > reinstall > and then there's a way to exclude trusted programs?
F-Secure Safe is 90 days Trial. I was expecting Webroot object.....but, never expected objection to dormant SpywareBlaster nor objection to HitmanPro....and never imagined Shadow Defender object. That's silly.
Yeah, makes no sense. I hear ya'. Maybe, I'll pass on F-Secure. F-Secure Chat was closed.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I would maybe try the "exclude" tab under app and file control in Settings or via Deep Guard. I was concerned about any silent updates that would corrupt either F-Secure or HMP, and there is also Shadow Defender and Spyware Blaster, it seems. I should have read up on this before I bought it but, you know, hindsight is 20/20.

fssafe.PNG

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
The reason I don't use F-Secure despite it being a good & me having license(s) for it is for instance it not being compatible with 'Shadow Defender' which I'm not willing to live without under any circumstances as it's extremely useful & also HMP.A etc again I like it - You can uninstall then reinstall after F-Secure is on but who knows whether you are going to have issues?

However it's their program & they have the choice how people run it, of course we have the choice whether we use it or not. One problem that can arise with frequent uninstalling & reinstalling (if you need to reinstall F-Secure, or even a trial) is some programs will get upset with the amount of license requests & you could get blocked on your software despite using it on the same machine - I decided F-Secure is not for me.

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
@Music4Ever
Just now thinking maybe F-Secure has reports of local updates corruption coming out of shadow mode.
I was thinking I'd shut down F-Secure before going in and coming out of shadow mode (like I do with Webroot).
I'll re-think F-Secure. Maybe, Trial is not worth effort.
Thanks

F 4 E

Level 3
Verified
Jan 27, 2019
Why do I need to allow F-Secure Safe Trial to remove SpywareBlaster, Shadow Defender & HitmanPro.
Anyway to install F-Secure without removing three not-incompatible programs.
View attachment 207760

Hi,bjm_. I found this with several AVs, and found that uninstalling the incompatible programs after the AV was installed, rebooted and THEN reinstalled those programs.

Not a peep from the AV !

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
When I installed f secure safe it gave me warning to remove comodo firewall and malwarebytes free and I uninstalled both. After f secure had been installed i installed comodo and malwarebytes without any problem and no issues from any softwares. All are working fine on system.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Hi,bjm_. I found this with several AVs, and found that uninstalling the incompatible programs after the AV was installed, rebooted and THEN reinstalled those programs.

Not a peep from the AV !

F-secure is pretty unique in that it don't just warn you (such as Kapersky) it won't let you install the AV unless it's happy the unwanted programs are really gone. It's quite aggressive in that manner - Of course it's possible to add exclusions with programs it does flag, and if you browse the FS forums they do give help with programs they say are incompatible.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.