Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For a brief period of time on Thursday night, web users were redirected to Facebook from every single page on the Internet that allows you to access it via Facebook. That’s right: from CNN readers to Hulu watchers, users of just about every high-profile website were taken to a Facebook error page instead of the site they were looking for.

In their typically short and terse way, Facebook released a statement about the incident, telling Mashable that “For a short period of time, there was a bug that redirected people logging in with Facebook from third party sites. The issue was quickly resolved and Login with Facebook is now working as usual.

Source

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I didnt get crooked by the book then again I am not really a Facecrooker,I mean Facebooker.

N

Nige_40

exterminator20 said:
I didnt get crooked by the book then again I am not really a Facecrooker,I mean Facebooker.

I put No, Since I don't use that software

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I did talk to some buddies about it and they said that they were redirected to Facebook error page when visiting certain websites last night

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
I voted no as it is hard to redirect to me to facebook for which I cannot convince myself to use :p

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
i wasn`t redirected probably because i use traffic light and ghostery and the facebook buttons are blocked by default

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.