Facebook loophole enabled World Leaders to deceive and harass

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Facebook has repeatedly allowed world leaders and politicians to use its platform to deceive the public or harass opponents despite being alerted to evidence of the wrongdoing.

The Guardian has seen extensive internal documentation showing how Facebook handled more than 30 cases across 25 countries of politically manipulative behavior that was proactively detected by company staff.

The investigation shows how Facebook has allowed major abuses of its platform in poor, small and non-western countries in order to prioritize addressing abuses that attract media attention or affect the US and other wealthy countries. The company acted quickly to address political manipulation affecting countries such as the US, Taiwan, South Korea and Poland, while moving slowly or not at all on cases in Afghanistan, Iraq, Mongolia, Mexico, and much of Latin America.
Read more

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Wall Street Journal has a really stubborn paywall, can't get around it and unwilling to install an extension just for this. Anyone able to read the full WSJ article in rockstarrocks' post?
If you decide to use an extension at some point in the future I recommend this one. It works well on that website and many other popular ones.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
If you decide to use an extension at some point in the future I recommend this one. It works well on that website and many other popular ones.

This extension (Bypass Paywalls) works perfectly on that Wall Street Journal page--you can access the entire article. Since I don't encounter paywalls too often, I bookmarked the extension page and deleted the extension when finished reading. Only takes a second or two to re- install it in Firefox. I could disable it but prefer minimum add-ons.

Thanks! (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.