Security News Facebook Makes 2FA Easier to Set Up – Phone Number Is No Longer Required

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Today seems to be the day of two-factor authentication. Following Mozilla announcing 2FA for Firefox accounts, Facebook has announced making some changes to its system. The modified process allows Facebook users to set up 2FA without having to register a phone number with the company.

In a Facebook post, the social networking giant said that it has improved two-factor authentication in two ways:

Well that is good news for those who want to use Facebook but don't want to provide their phone number just to enable 2FA.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I have noticed an increased number of people, who refused to give a phone number, asking, how to recover access to their account. Well, they have to create a new one. So much for people, who do not get the idea, what is the purpose of 2FA. :geek:

Like: Q&A - Facebook reset password

Emails are unreliable, I failed to receive emails from ~10% of critical services, but I have always received SMS from any service in the world.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.