Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Facebook services are currently experiencing issues around the world, with users unable to access Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram.

When attempting to access Facebook services, users worldwide have stated that the application will display a continuous "Connecting" message. In BleepingComputer tests here in the USA and India, we confirmed the outage and are unable to connect to the messaging platforms.

According to reports, Messenger fails to connect with internet connection errors. On the other hand, WhatsApp is displaying a continuous "Connecting..." message.

According to DownDetector, Facebook services are currently experiencing an outage in the U.S, Asia, and other parts of the world.

It is not known if this is a planned maintenance activity or a problem with their servers.

At this time, Facebook has not provided any status updates. We will update this story with information as it becomes available.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Here in Spain also was down for about 1 hour or more, and I know also in others countries in Latin America...

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
L

Local Host

Here in Spain also was down for about 1 hour or more, and I know also in others countries in Latin America...

That pretty strange, I guess I tend to be always lucky when this stuff happens.

I was in a call from work around 17h GMT+00.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.