Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you have included your mobile phone number in your Facebook contact information, then you’ll be interested in a major security flaw discovered by Suriya Prakash.

(read more)

Prakash claims he has reached out to Facebook five times on this issue, and they refuse to fix or even acknowledge the bug, so he decided to go public with his findings.

Prakash believes that up to 500 million users could be affected by this vulnerability.

Source

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Facebook removes two-factor authentication mobile numbers from search

Facebook users who have associated a mobile phone number with their accounts in order to enable the social network's "Login Approvals" security feature can no longer be found on the website based on those phone numbers, the company said Monday.

Read more (PCWorld.com)

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Earth said:
If you have included your mobile phone number in your Facebook contact information, then you’ll be interested in a major security flaw discovered by Suriya Prakash.

(read more)

Prakash claims he has reached out to Facebook five times on this issue, and they refuse to fix or even acknowledge the bug, so he decided to go public with his findings.

Prakash believes that up to 500 million users could be affected by this vulnerability.

Source
:):):) i know it will happens with facebook in futher so i never gived my no. to facebook before 1 week i try to register a fake facebook profile but it ask me to varify my mobile no. i simply leave this profile but in 2010 when i move from orkut to facebook there is no need of mobile no. after google apply this policy facebook also apply before some days yahoo profile r hacks ,everyone know facebook uses our data in roughly way coz he know people r depends on facebook now.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
After reading a few of these topics I am really thinking of deleting my Facebook because of this.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
McLovin said:
After reading a few of these topics I am really thinking of deleting my Facebook because of this.
Last year 2011 december i delet my facebook acc. but facebook says your acc. is deactivate so i think its deleted when feb 2012 i try check my acc. facebook says welcome back so ,are facebook really deleted our acc. ? some people says facebook change this policy but who knows ?
Good luck if you success to delete your acc. on facebook.:)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Contact Facebook support, you can get most online accounts deleted if requested via email.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Earth said:
Facebook removes two-factor authentication mobile numbers from search

Facebook users who have associated a mobile phone number with their accounts in order to enable the social network's "Login Approvals" security feature can no longer be found on the website based on those phone numbers, the company said Monday.

Read more (PCWorld.com)
Yup you r right i just created 2 FB acc. & facebook didn't ask me to mobile varification as it did before some days.
Thanx:)

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Today facebook again starting its mobile verification check.But at least i creat 3-4 fake acc. for the futher durings two days:D

Attachments

• facebook.png
    facebook.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 378
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.