Facebook Rumor "Facebook Just Released Their Price Grid For Membership"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenTester

Thread author
Jul 30, 2011
A rumor is spreading in Facebook "Facebook Just Released Their Price Grid For Membership, need to pay for new profile".

The Fake news circling in :
Facebook just released their price grid for membership . $9.99 per month for gold member services, $6.99per month for silver member services, $3.99 per month for bronze member services, free if you copy and paste this message before midnight tonight. When you sign on tomorrow morning you will be prompted for payment info…it is official it was even on the news. Facebook will start charging due to the new profile changes.
If you copy this on your wall your icon will turn blue and facebook will be free for you. Please pass this message on if not your account will be deleted if you do not pay.

Another Fake news:
“This is official… it was even on the news… facebook will start charging due to the new profile changes… if you copy this on your wall your icon will turn blue and facebook will be free for you. Please pass this message on, if not your account will be deleted if you do not pay!!”

This is Status update on Facebook Official Page:

A rumor on the internet caught our attention. We have no plans to charge for Facebook. It’s free and always will be.

source: Hacking and Security News

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well my friends were posted it and from the first time saw it, I didn't hesitate that its an hoax.

Since I know facebook is free and its impossible to become a paid social networking sites.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Since I know facebook is free and its impossible to become a paid social networking sites.

And now that it has a strong competitor in Google+ , they wouldn't never go premium.
I'm always amazed when I see that such fake post have a huge success among people.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
This is why some message convinced people to be believe especially when the message doesn't have credits/source.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
That's totally fake. If facebook goes premium, people will switch to another social networking site, many others are there. Also see the picture below:
ZEW1k.png

PenTester

Thread author
Jul 30, 2011
"it has a strong competitor in Google+ , they wouldn't never go premium."
You are right! that's what i thought. No one will do that stupid thing. But still people believes those fake message. My friends posting this fake update in their profile. What a funny people?

D

Deleted member 178

an old shaolin sage said " in the world you will always have weak minds for predators to pray upon..." :D

meditate, meditate...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its like people love to post any chain message and hoax message and waste the bandwidth.

D

Deleted member 178

because they think they are up to date and show off their "discovery"

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.