Facebook to Integrate WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Facebook plans to integrate its messaging services on Instagram, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.

While all three will remain stand-alone apps, at a much deeper level they will be linked so messages can travel between the different services. Facebook told the BBC it was at the start of a "long process". The plan was first reported in the New York Times and is believed to be a personal project of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. Once complete, the merger would mean that a Facebook user could communicate directly with someone who only has a WhatsApp account. This is currently impossible as the applications have no common core. The work to merge the three elements has already begun, reported the NYT, and is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 or early next year.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I always thought this kind if service should exist. If we can send emails to users of different email service then there should also be a way to send messages to users of different messaging application.

L

Local Host

I always thought this kind if service should exist. If we can send emails to users of different email service then there should also be a way to send messages to users of different messaging application.
Is more complicated than that, isn't as simple as just sending a message to another domain.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I don't trust the guy who owns these products at all, from my reading advertising revenue is the driving force behind the changes, however no one is forced to use any of these platforms, it isn't mandatory for life. I choose not to though millions do chose to share their life on Facebook for example - I don't :)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I don't trust the guy who owns these products at all, from my reading advertising revenue is the driving force behind the changes, however no one is forced to use any of these platforms, it isn't mandatory for life. I choose not to though millions do chose to share their life on Facebook for example - I don't :)
And even if you do use Facebook, you don't have to share your entire life on it.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
And even if you do use Facebook, you don't have to share your entire life on it.

I agree, I have an account & a charity I do some work for puts lots of thier info on facebook, so it can be handy for that & a couple of groups I'm in regarding vintage hi-fi. But It's not in my name & such info as where I live etc. is witheld.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I have really not provided anything to FB. I always thought why should I put my details to some place in the net. I just use Social Media to keep contact with my friends.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.