Fail to install Zemana. What to do?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 79878
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 79878

Thread author
My mail got hacked and I'm worried I got some spy-program. I've tried to install Zemana but when I try to install it I got an error. Installation failed!
Safe Mode with Networking is recommended with this kind of trouble. I never did this before. Is it still possible to install a program in safe mode?

Last edited by a moderator:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
My mail got hacked and I'm worried I got some spy-program.
What makes you think you email was hacked? If you got an email from yourself, saying you've been hacked, it's a scam and is nothing to worry about.

F

ForgottenSeer 79878

Thread author
I got a waring-mail that someone changed my password and added an e-adress on my mail-account. I could get into my e-account and change password and delete the foreign e-adress.
It did work to install zemana when I closed down the computer and tried again later. I did all the 6 steps and at least one hot was found and removed.
But I have another computer I think is worth infected. The webbrowser blocks some sajts from surfing and other odd things happens.
Is it possible to do the same 6 steps and use this antimalewareprograms again on another computer for free?
When I start with step 1, RKill which was no problem to download on the first comuter, with this second one I get this message:
Sorry, you don't have permission for that! You are not allowed to visit this community.
I seam to have to register in the community. I didn't have to do that for the first computer.
Is it important to start with RKill? Do I have to use it?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 79878

Thread author
Thank you TwinHeadedEagle for tips on FRST. I got the same message "Sorry, you don't have permission for that! You are not allowed to visit this community. "
when I try to get into the download-site in Opera webbrowser. But with Explorer I got into to the download-site. But when I click download, Windows Defender SmartScreen give me a warning, this app could be a risk. I suppose it is safe to run it?

F

ForgottenSeer 79878

Thread author
I have Malewarebytes pro running on this computer now. I attach the two log -files from FRST-scan.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    30.8 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    56.7 KB · Views: 1
F

ForgottenSeer 79878

Thread author
Puh, thank you! I've been nervous since my mail was hacked and I got an activation-mail written in Chinese from a company selling remote control. But the hacker hadn't activated the account he register with my e-mail in the company and I could close it down.

Then I was worried when I saw Firefox suddenly had 50 addons when I run CCleaner. Files like Baidu, hotfix, combat. And many copies of each, 4-5. I have not installed those addons and it wasn't possible to delete them. When I disable them, a new file of the same was added. I have uninstall Firefox now on both my computers.
I have felt my computers were slow and some sites get blocked when surfing but maybe it's the internet-connection or antivirus-program running, slowing it down and blocking sites it doesn't trust then?

I feel very grateful for the work I see you do here in Malewaretips. Thank you!
I will turn to my iphone now and try to restore it in case there is some hot there. It acts a bit odd.

F

ForgottenSeer 79878

Thread author
Yes, but safe sites also seem to get blocked sometimes. Now I didn't get into malewaretips.com on one of my computers, but with the other one I did.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.