Fall Creators Update - Emsisoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

scootnod

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 3, 2017
I have installed the Windows 10 creators update. After the first reboot the start menu/search bar did not work. Uninstalled one by one rebooting after each one. VoodooShield, Appguard, Adguard, Emsisoft in that order. Only after uninstalled Emsisoft did the start menu start working again. Reinstalled one by one with Emsisoft last. After the first reboot with Emsisoft the start menu stopped working again. Uninstalled Emsisoft only went back to Windows Defender and Start menu started working again after each reboot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rengar

scootnod

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 3, 2017
My dad has had no issue either with EAM and the update. I can recreate it by installing Emsisoft though. Curious if anyone else had the issue. I am not overly concerned I assume either Windows will update their update or Emsisoft will have an update. I can live with WD for a bit.

D

Deleted member 178

VoodooShield, Appguard, Adguard, Emsisoft in that order.
To check if the issue reappears, uninstall everything, reboot:

1- EAM must be installed first, reboot, check if issue reappears.
2- install VS or AG, reboot, check if issue reappears.
3- install AG or VS, reboot, check if issue reappears.
4- install adguard, reboot, check if issue reappears.

if the issue reappears after point 1, contact the support team of emsisoft.
if the issue reappears after point 2, 3 or 4 set the said soft to default settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: harlan4096

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
Do a clean re-install of Emsisoft and see if the issue persists. Multiple individuals have been having software conflicts that aren't directly because of vendor packages, but instead because of the update itself.

scootnod

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 3, 2017
Here is the solution. I did as you suggest and only installed Emsisoft. And each time I installed Emsisoft this issue occured. However, this fixed it.

Start Menu and taskbar Not working in fall creators update - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sign In Options and turn off "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or a restart". This appears to prevent the windows start menu hang from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.