System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    ESET NOD32 v12 and GlassWire Elite
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Major changes for Increased security
  • RTP - Details of Custom security settings
    Custom strict security rules.
    SSL/TLS protocol filtering is disabled.
    Telemetry/Data collection is disabled.
    Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    MBAM, HitmanPro and NPE.
    Browsers and Extensions
    Google Chrome - uBlock Origin, ExpressVPN (including HTTPS Everywhere) and Bitwarden Ext.
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    uBlock Origin
    ExpressVPN
    ExpressVPN DNS (Router level)
    Mullvad VPN
    Password Managers
  • Bitwarden for Desktop
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    Windows Built-in Tools, CCleaner Portable, Revo Uninstaller Pro 4 and SysHardener Portable.
    Data Backup
    External HDD and Google One/Drive w/ Cryptomator.
    Frequency of Data backups
    Weekly
    System Backup
    Macrium Reflect Free
    Frequency of System backups
    Regularly
    Computer Activity
  • PC Gaming
  • Online banking
  • Browsing web and email
  • Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
  • Download files from different sources
  • Office and work related tasks
  • Video or photography editing
  • Computer Specifications
    -MSI GT63 Titan-052-
    i7-8750H 2.2GHz up to 4.1GHz (Turbo Boost)
    GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X
    16GB DDR4-2400 RAM
    256GB SSD + 1TB HDD

FALLEN

Level 2
    Hello Everyone!

This is my security configuration for gaming laptop.

ESET.png

ESET Multi-Device Security license, also includes ESET's Windows (AV/IS), Mac, Android and Linux software products. I preferred only 1 device because, I don't need more ESET's products. Actually, my main product is KSC Personal.

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 13
    Verified
    Content Creator
    Nice configuration there @FALLEN !! :)

Only thing I'd recommend looking into (and free) is viBoot! viBoot with Macrium Reflect (which you are using) is really robust and I would highly highly recommend the software! Link: Macrium Software | Macrium viBoot

Combine Macrium Reflect and viBoot and you got yourself one great backup program that can easily virtualize your system in a matter of minutes to test updates, software, tweaks, changes etc. without changing your system or the actual backup image. I really recommend this software. Maybe I should do a end-user training guide document on viBoot.... haha!

CCleaner Portable is nice. I have been using different software other than CCleaner now... after they had that breach in security a while back I kinda lost some faith in that company. The portable version has less security worries. With version 1809 you can no longer use older versions of CCleaner (many years old) as there are certain things that can become broken and Windows actually stops the application from running too.

Happy to see another person who uses GlassWire Elite! Nice!! (y)(y)(y)Coming from a Network Administration background myself I enjoy using this software - and I use it a lot with a combination of other Network Admin tools!

~Brian

Lightning_Brian

Level 13
    Verified
    Content Creator
    @FALLEN

Great! Your most welcome @FALLEN ! Always happy to give others information to look into and read about. I may end up creating a user tutorial and or end user guide on viBoot as it is so cool and nifty. @harlan4096 & @JM Safe Do we have a good section for end-user training guides on MT?

Nice to hear the GW team is finally going to do some host blocking based on IP. Always wondered about that... @FALLEN

~Brian

D

Deleted member 178

Curious about why 2 VPN? For me mullvad is really good already, some features needed with Express?

Reactions: harlan4096
    D

Deleted member 178

Oh.. I'm just testing WireGuard protocol and Mullvad Windows App. I like it but, It is not my main VPN. I bought only 1 month subscription.
    Ah OK, I'm using Mullvad with Wireguard on my phones, works very well.

Reactions: harlan4096

JM Safe

Level 38
    Verified
    @FALLEN

Great! Your most welcome @FALLEN ! Always happy to give others information to look into and read about. I may end up creating a user tutorial and or end user guide on viBoot as it is so cool and nifty. @harlan4096 & @JM Safe Do we have a good section for end-user training guides on MT?

Nice to hear the GW team is finally going to do some host blocking based on IP. Always wondered about that... @FALLEN

~Brian
    I would create a viBoot guide here: Backup & Sync