Advice Request False Positives at VirusTotal for Trend Micro antiviruses

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

CDRoller

Thread author
May 2, 2019
Hi All,

Does anyone in Trend Micro is responsible for the updates of TrendMicro patterns at Virus Total? As a developer, I'm constantly receiving False Positives ONLY for TrendMicro antiviruses at VirusTotal. Here is the last report .
I submitted the file for analysis at the 'False Detection/Re-Classify Requests' page, but did not receive any reply from Trend Micro support team. What can I do for resolving this problem? Just note, another companies usually modify their patterns at Virus Total in 1..2 days.

Thanks for any help

Reactions: upnorth

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
4931.png

Reactions: upnorth

CDRoller

Thread author
May 2, 2019
I already submitted file at the 'False Detection/Re-Classify Requests' page 2 days ago. Today, I've received a reply from TrendMicro support, quote: 'Since you have mentioned that you have filed the reclassification 2 days ago, kindly wait for about a month in order for a response from the team that handles the analysis of the program. In regards with the detection at Virus Total, please be informed that the detection from different antivirus programs that are being displayed from the website are handled by Virus Total. Once the analysis of the program have been finished, that will be the time in which it will be determined if your program is safe or not.'

Please look at the phrase '...wait for about a month...'. When another companies take only 1..2 days to fix 'False Positive' issue at VirusTotal. No more comments from my side.

• Wow
Reactions: Divine_Barakah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.