Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hi...

Which AV that uses BitDefender engine is the lightest/fastest? Whether free or paid.

Any comments?

Thanks!

Reactions: nastavnikhe

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would assume Bitdefender's own products such as Bitdefender Antivirus Free, Plus, Internet Security, Total Security as well as Bitdefender for Windows 8, would be the most efficient. Also note Bitdefender 2014 uses Photon technology, which in theory should be the faster BD engine compared to the rest. I have no statistics for what Photon technology claims.

Webroot doesn't use the Bitdefender engine.

Reactions: yigido

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Webroot does not use the BitDefender engine. When I read I thought you mean the Lightest Anti-viruses! Sorry!
Then only BitDefender Antivirus Free version.

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
Emsisoft and BullGuard are fast. I am speaking from my own personal experience.

D

Deleted member 2913

Bitdefender free is light & provides same core protection as Bitdefender paid.

I dont know if others using Bitdefender engine detects same as Bitdefender or not. Some AVs using BD doesn't detect same as BD.
And BD Active Virus Control is one of the best Behavior Blocker in the market. I guess no AVs using BD engine also use BD AVC, right?

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Is emsisoft faster than the bitdefender product itself? I cannot believe it.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I would assume Bitdefender's own products such as Bitdefender Antivirus Free, Plus, Internet Security, Total Security as well as Bitdefender for Windows 8, would be the most efficient. Also note Bitdefender 2014 uses Photon technology, which in theory should be the faster BD engine compared to the rest. I have no statistics for what Photon technology claims.

Webroot doesn't use the Bitdefender engine.
Is the Photon Technology really accelerated BitDefender's performance? The 2012 and 2013 versions were quite heavy and ssllloooowwww on scans.

D

Deleted member 178

Emsisoft is faster, the product better made than BDAV; BDAV scans took ages if it even finishes without froze the system; but didn't test v.2014. Hope they optimize it better.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Emsisoft is faster, the product better made than BDAV; BDAV scans took ages if it even finishes without froze the system; but didn't test v.2014. Hope they optimize it better.
I have installed 2014 by grabbing the 9-month free giveaway with Softpedia.

Wow, the scans and cleaning are still so slow. However, I am waiting for Photon Technology to adapt to my system, so it will be faster.

But Bitdefender now is around 30% lighter than the 2012/2013 version. not too much delay on system boot.

I just cannot accept what is advertised on the BDAV promo page - that BDAV is lighter and better in performance than kasperksy, symantec, even Microsoft's own AV! MSE and Windefender are definitely lighter! and faster

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
and F Secure is lighter then the 2103 version,but it has an negative impact on system boot. Bitdefender ist faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.