File Explorer is finally getting a dark theme in Redstone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
I like dark themes. Even I do enable it on my iPhone by enabling the smart cloud invert in settings

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Update from Softpedia:

The Redmond-based software giant hasn’t publicly announced a dark theme for File Explorer, but an early implementation was discovered in April.

Windows 10 build 17661, released to users enrolled in the Skip Ahead and Fast rings of the Windows Insider program, comes with an update in this regard, as the dark theme expands in more areas of the file manager.

What’s important to know is that this dark visual style isn’t enabled by default, but it requires a tool called Mach 2 to activate development features in Windows 10.

As you can see in this screenshot published on Twitter by @TechAndPets, the dark theme of File Explorer has indeed evolved, and now both the right pane and the address bar are black as well.

EXLFfwn.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.