Advice Request file management recommendations?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsEasy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2013
I'm trying to organize any purge my messy pc internal and external drives. Windows Explorer is pretty limited ... Any experienced suggestions?

Reactions: DardiM

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Windows Explorer is pretty limited ... Any experienced suggestions?

.... yeahh... that's right: Windows Explorer really veeery "...limited...". I would say: unusable. :/

In my opinion the best file manager (since 6 years on all my machines): Directory Opus. I tried also several other file managers (paid/trial and free) but Directory Opus was the only one that was OK (IMO)... I never had any problems, crashes, bugs, issues etc.... There is also a light version of Directory Opus: Two Editions: Light vs Pro. For $89 AUD you will get two licences: "Single machine licence plus one personal laptop"

...a quote from the homepage:
If you'd like to give the Pro edition a better test, you can request a free 60 day evaluation. And if you buy the Light version, you can upgrade to Pro later for only the difference in price.

Last edited:

TipsEasy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2013
Thanks all for your recommendations. Trying Opus and liking it, although it may be more than I need. Trying, and succeeding, to clean up/tune/back up up my pc.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
.....although it may be more than I need...

yes...Directory Opus contains very 'powerful' tools. That's the reason i bought this software. I don't think i will ever need all of this options/posibilities/features but it's nice to have all/lots of possibilities on all machines,
so you can use them immediately (when necessary). In my opinion it's really woth spending $80 AUD for two licenses.

Reactions: TipsEasy

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
Forgot to mention, for lovers of really old school managers, check FAR Manager.

Instant going back in DOS era and using Norton Commander.

TipsEasy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2013
I thought Directory Opus was going to be to complicated and heavy, but its fine and I'm liking it. I'll probably buy it, as it works very well for my needs.

FAR IS old school ;) !

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
You can try our XYplorer and Xplorer2. Both are available as trial for 1 month and 21 days respectively. And if you want to go for free option then there's Qdir and lots of other. Directory opus has an option for extending the license to 60 days.

Reactions: jelson

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you looking for any specific features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.