Assigned FileHippo News: Zemana AntiMalware: Antivirus Software That Blocks The Threat Before It Occurs

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Have you tried Zemana Anti-Malware ?

• Yes, with protection enabled

Votes: 53 68.8%
  • Yes, but only as an on-demand scanner

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
There are a lot of options when it comes to antivirus software, but Zemana offers real-time scanning and sandboxing, without limits on removal.
Viruses and malware are more rampant than ever, largely due to the fact that they work. And it’s not just the fact that black hat programmers are writing new viruses every day, but that even old names in malicious software are getting daily facelifts and beating antivirus software; the infamous FLocker threat has been found to have over 7,000 variants at last count, according to Trend Micro.

Sadly, surveys are showing that tech users–from casual social media fans to company executives–are still not taking the threat seriously. Many admit not bothering with antivirus software, while others have stated they thought their tech was protected by better browser security or plug-ins.

AntiMalware software once came in two distinct categories: there were the titles that blocked the dangers and prevented them from installing, and there were those that cleaned up a known threat once it was too late. Now, titles like Zemana AntiMalware are serving double-duty, cleaning up your computer in a matter of minutes, as well as blocking threats–not just viruses, but also malware, trojans, root-kits, ransomware, and boot-kits, as well as the ability to increase zero day malware detection of suspicious files–with its real-time scanning.

As with other good-for-you behaviors, the public has to see tangible benefits before they’ll take an interest; just stealthily protecting their computers in the background may not be enough of an incentive to get them to take action. That’s why Zemana AntiMalware also cleans up your browser experience, preventing annoying pop-ups, keeping spam in check, and scanning for threats in the websites you actively visit. It will also actively remove any installed, unwanted toolbars, the kind that often come preloaded with upgrades or downloads.

Zemana AntiMalware uses Pandora Real Time Sandbox Technology to detect and eliminate threats, while also highlighting anything that it finds suspicious but not yet recognizable. This gives the user the option to proceed or avoid the suspicious content.

As for the program’s functionality, Zemana AntiMalware comes packaged in one of the lightest-weight file sizes at this level of protection, using only 5MB of disk space. The software offers a freemium model that detects and eliminates malware without any removal limits at the free level. For those users who wants a premium level of protection, the plan adds free technical support (including the option to have Zemana customer service connect to your computer and clean out any detected threats), real-time scanning and blocking, and real-time analysis of the zero day threats. For premium members, Zemana AntiMalware also offers a fourteen-day money back guarantee.

To check out Zemana AntiMalware for free or for a subscription-based price, click here.

Source: Zemana AntiMalware: Antivirus Software That Blocks The Threat Before It Occurs - FileHippo News

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Zemana AM leads to all on demand scanners considering the factor of reference engines and Pandora Technology which effectively prevented majority of threats.

So it is obvious and a blown out. :D

I was testing some samples with it on my VM for about an hour and I didn't even realise that it was still detecting everything WITHOUT Panda enabled. :D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
From my very first experience with Zemana Antimalware, it's speed and straightforward operation have impressed me. It's compatibility has also been among it's strengths making it a software I have felt confident both using on our own computers and recommending to others. Now, after reading each of the positive comments posted on this thread, I am sold, and more enthused than ever!:D

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I don't see anything wrong with a commercial for ZAM or ZAL. Great product, they back their product with life time licence. I don't see the other company, not mentioning names doing that. Way to go Zemana, thanks for looking after your users.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Can Zemana Anti-Malware / Anti-Logger 2.0 replace your default Antivirus software? Would it be advisable?
From much that has been written of, & related here concerning Zemana, even with it's realtime protection, it can be considered an excellent second opinion scanner, but (as far as I know) not a replacement for a traditional realtime Antivirus.:)

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I think Zemana's products are very good but this thread seems like one big commercial.
Eagle would not have it any other way :)
@Spawn
I would not yet rely on this as your main protection, I hope even Eagle would say it's not advisable just yet. As it is shaping up nicely, they day may come though when this will be a
viable option for Frontline protection.

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
I think it can ONLY IF zemana server never gets disconnected and users have a never-drop internet connection :D
otherwise users would get infections when they are offline
Yes, but when you don't have internet connection drop, there is really tiny possibility to get infected. :D BTW I believe that in technology of today, internet drops happen not often. Personally, I don't remember when my internet got broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.