Advice Request Files are not deleted when Shadow Mode is turned off

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPearce

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2018
I’ve been messing around with SD and it seems like if I start shadow mode in drive D (for instance) and then launch a program from drive D, if that program needs to save something in the Users directory which is located in the C drive then when shadow mode is turned off the file is not deleted.
Do I have to turn shadow mode on for my entire system if I do not want that to happen?

I’ve been messing around with SD and it seems like if I start shadow mode in drive D (for instance) and then launch a program from drive D, if that program needs to save something in the Users directory which is located in the C drive then when shadow mode is turned off the file is not deleted.
Do I have to turn shadow mode on for my entire system if I do not want that to happen?

You must enable Shadow Mode for drive C:\, otherwise changes (writes) to it will persist.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018

Next time, enable shadow mode on all the drives Shadow Defender detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.