Firefox 10 Aurora Is About to Land, Here's What You Need to Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
With Firefox 8 now available to everyone in the stable channel, all of the other Firefox versions are graduating as well. Firefox 9 is moving from Aurora to the Beta channel, Firefox 10 is moving from the Nightly channel to Aurora.

For the users who want the cutting edge, Firefox 10 should be the interesting release. It's already spent six weeks in the Nightly channel, where active development happens.

In this time, the features that will eventually make it into Firefox 10 when it lands in the stable channel, early next year, have been fleshed out.

As soon as Firefox 10 ends up in the Aurora channel, new features, at least big ones, will not be added.

Read More.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Aurora is like the Dev channel of Chrome, and Nightly is like the Canary channel of Chrome, am I correct? :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Earth, your post is correct.

By the way I like the new exciting feature and +1 on having a built in player for Firefox. :)

Gonna use that version in the future. :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Earth, your post is correct.

By the way I like the new exciting feature and +1 on having a built in player for Firefox. :)

Gonna use that version in the future. :D

That would be a great feature, that will be useful.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
That's a big plus although this might be a new entry for vulnerabilities and exploits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.