Firefox 4 compatibility hotfix is now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Firefox-4-compatibility-hotfix-is-now-available/td-p/428894

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
Just ran the hotfix and it worked fine. Now all those that were mad about the toolbar not working can be happy again:) Thanks for the heads up!!

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Read the fine print please before you start applauding. This is ONLY a hot fix. Not a full fledged patch. Most people don't know about it unless you visit the forums. Its not given out via Live Update or email notification. It also is still not fixing everyone's problem. Not sure if this fixes OFN plugin also. There are several posts saying the hot fix did not work.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
All I know is the toolbar seems to be working as before as far as showing it's now compatible with Firefox 4 and Safe Web is working. I wasn't applauding it has never bothered me.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Can the toolbar be disabled but Safe Web still working. Try this by right clicking o the menu bar and unchecking "Norton toolbar". Thanks.

Question answered myself by reinstalling NIS. Yes you can disable/hide the toolbar and still effectively use Safe Web. I prefer LastPass anyways.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Hot fix worked for about 10 minutes.....................Come on Symantec get it together.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
Yes I hid the toolbar right after applying the fix and Safe Web was and still is working here with the toolbar hidden.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Under Firefox Add Ons it now says "Compatible" for Norton IPS 2.0,Norton Safety Minder 2.1.0.52 and Norton Toolbar 5.5. But the green check marks for Safe Web stopped working.

Well they are working again.............

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Stopped working again. Safe Web has a grey "?" next to all sites. Oh well guess I have to wait ill May for an official fix. At least OFN works correctly.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
This has to be a random issue that I'm sure will be fixed in short order. I've been playing around with this for a good little while now and Safe Web is working flawlessly on my end, bar disabled or not.

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
It took them 2 weeks+ to get this out and now we are seeing that they are having problems?!?! This is unbelievable.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Took longer then two weeks my boy. Also this is a hotfix and not the official patch. Its like a beta patch.

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
@Dieselman
I said 2 weeks+ and I know that it's not an official patch and that means it will take even more..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.