Firefox 6: Four Reasons Not to Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Firefox 6 is here. So far, I haven't received any notification pushing the latest Mozilla browser, but my wife has, so I assume it is just a matter of time. When my Mozilla overlords come knocking, though, I'm not sure I want to get on the Firefox 6 train.
The dust has barely settled on the last "major upgrade"--but that is the product roadmap strategy Mozilla is sticking to. With that in mind, here are four reasons I would just as soon not download and install Firefox 6.

read more

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my opinion, even there isn't a major feature, the pros here bugs and vulnerabilities were fixed which is the main important.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Here's one reason to upgrade:
4 and 5 aren't supported....

Or you can just move to Chrome haha =p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
People need to stop complaining. Haha. :lol:

+1 to Hungry Man's reply, and to show FF4 & FF5 are not supported:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox#Release_history

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Firefox 6? I'm running Firefox Nightly 9.0a1 and its doing great for me. I also use Chrome Dev and Canary and that does me great aswell.
I'm lucky not to be experiencing crashes or bugs or anything unstable happening.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
It is just a simple upgrade that fixes some bugs in previous version. The version number itself is quite meaningless. It could be FF 6.1, you would still need to upgrade. The author seems to complain about the fact that Mozilla updates their browser too often, in my opinion this is a good thing, it means they are fixing bugs.

Many of the addons I use are still compatible and for the rest of them it is probably just a simple matter of them being marked as compatible with ff 6.x only. There might be indeed a small issue here - plugin authors might need some time to accommodate with the new version numbering system, but the author tries a bit too hard to make it seem like a big deal.

Anyway, I think that this is just another article about the new way Mozilla numbers their FF versions, but some people might actually take the title literally and decide not to upgrade to the new version. Here is a list of bugs that the new version fixes. A long list... of reasons why you should upgrade to FF 6. And if you decide to use Chrome instead, its all great... just don't go back to IE :D

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
PQefu.png

updated my FF to v6 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.