HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
New

• Enhanced tracking protection: Simplified content blocking settings give users standard, strict, and custom options to control online trackers. A redesigned content blocking section in the site information panel (viewed by expanding the small “i” icon in the address bar) shows what Firefox detects and blocks on each website you visit. To learn more about content blocking, visit the Mozilla Blog.
  • A better experience for multilingual users: An updated Language section in Preferences allows users to install multiple language packs and order language preferences for Firefox and websites, without having to download locale-specific versions.
  • Support for Handoff on macOS: Continue browsing across devices. Pick up where you left off with iOS (via Firefox or Safari) on Firefox on Mac.
  • A better video streaming experience for Windows users: Firefox now supports the next-generation, royalty-free video compression technology called AV1. Read about Mozilla’s contribution to this new open standard.
  • Improved performance and web compatibility, with support for the WebP image format: WebP brings the same image quality as existing formats at smaller file sizes, which saves bandwidth and speeds up page load.

Fixed

Changed

• Enhanced security for macOS, Linux, and Android users via stronger stack smashing protection which is now enabled by default for all platforms. "Stack smashing" is a common security attack in which malicious actors corrupt or take control of a vulnerable program.
  • Firefox will now warn you when closing a window (regardless of whether you have automatic session restore enabled for restart).
  • Easier performance management: The revamped Task Manager page found at about : performance now reports memory usage for tabs and add-ons.
  • Improved the pop-up blocker to prevent multiple pop-up windows from being opened by websites at the same time.

Enterprise

Developer

• Additional support for Flexbox: Launched a new Flexbox inspector tool that details Flexbox containers and helps debug Flex item sizes.
  • All CSS changes made in the Rules panel are now tracked in the new Changes tab.
  • Added support for the Storage Access API on desktop platforms.

Get it through your internal updater

Read more here

Firefox 65.0 Release Information - gHacks Tech News

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
The new strict mode makes it bearable to even use firefox without adblocker now
Cant complain, they have nice year ahead
Firefox uses the lists of Disconnect. So it also blocks ads like their extension?

disconnect-extension-screenshot-r.png

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I've now installed FF Quantum only for privacy testing purposes will be updated on my thread in the mean time. The new tracker list looks great though.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Firefox uses the lists of Disconnect. So it also blocks ads like their extension?

disconnect-extension-screenshot-r.png
It has to do adblocking that way then, wich is good thing that it will prioritize before extensions you probably use and that makes it even faster

I would use firefox completely over chrome, but i always run buffering issues on some sites and have to move chrome to watch my tv series ive missed lol

But obviously its good thing to have strict mode , if you want powersavings, and run firefox on low-spec pc so you can just run it naked, and probably even sandbox

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
What's Firefox nightly like? I may try this as a Firefox alternative. Also I find on HD yt videos that FF Quantum lags on this.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.