Firefox 7 Is Coming in a Week, Here's What You Need to Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Firefox 7 should be coming in seven days. Mozilla is pushing a new version of the popular browser once every six weeks now, so the last couple of releases haven't really been that impressive.

But Firefox 7 is gearing up to be the biggest update since Firefox 4, with a number of performance improvements, some UI tweaks and support for newer technologies.

Significant memory usage improvements

The headliner in Firefox 7 is the memory usage improvement. Mozilla started the MemShrink effort to optimize memory usage in Firefox, which had again become a problem after the release of Firefox 4.

read more

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I will forward for Firefox 7 and good to see for memory usage to be patch.

D

Deleted member 178

im using Nightly v9, and i don't see major improvement on that field.

just open it , have 9 tabs open, using around 400mb.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
it's because mozilla release v9, before v7 beta released. so, i thought it's like mozilla temporary jump the version of firefox.
and it's for v7 not v9 ,i thought.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well if Firefox 7 have to release with memory usage patch then other version of Firefox to be release in the future may include the memory patch usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.