Firefox 8 Officially Out Tomorrow, Available Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
With the official release less than a day away, Mozilla has already unveiled an unofficial version of Firefox 8 Stable. The newest browser package is available for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms.

Softpedia

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This is kind of a silly move, one day away from final release and an unofficial one is avail.

Less updates the better.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm tempting to download it but its better through updater so only upgrade and no need to uninstall it.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I must agree it is a weird move to make, why release a unofficial version one day before the official version? i can understand that users may want to have it right away but still its only one day.

D

Deleted member 178

imsoadude said:
I must agree it is a weird move to make, why release a unofficial version one day before the official version? i can understand that users may want to have it right away but still its only one day.

same things that happen when a new release of an Iphone or playstations, bunch of guys waiting at 0h00 the opening of the shops...

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I only upgrade to the latest version if the updater will say so since I want to be sure.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
BoXX28 said:
I only upgrade to the latest version if the updater will say so since I want to be sure.

Same here that is what I am going to do as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Just installed Firefox 8 and while there are any new features, I can say that it run much smoother now...

Download Firefox 8 : http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/download.html?product=firefox-8.0&os=win&lang=en-US

What’s New in Firefox
The latest version of Firefox has the following changes:

Add-ons installed by third party programs are now disabled by default
Added a one-time add-on selection dialog to manage previously installed add-ons
Added Twitter to the search bar for select locales. Additional locale support will be added in the future
Added a preference to load tabs on demand, improving start-up time when windows are restored
Improved performance and memory handling when using audio> and video> elements
Added CORS support for cross-domain textures in WebGL
Added support for HTML5 context menus
Added support for insertAdjacentHTML
Improved CSS hyphen support for many languages
Improved WebSocket support
Fixed several stability issues
Fixed several security issues

Please see the complete list of changes in this version.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Got the update for Firefox 8 through updater. Well the only thing that's new to me is the addon wizard checker brought on this version beside of twitter search engine added.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Very nice update but as others think/say it's best to wait for the official updater to push the update on us. :)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I update now:)
however, in version 8, I get freezes when opening a new tab?
such as: i "right click" on the other videos on youtube. and open a new tab and, froze. I was frozen, prior to the video buffer, and loading page,

what's the problem?

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
no but more and more i use Dragon instead

Have to agree on the Dragon, it's coming along very nicely... faster and less buggy. My only wish is that they'd also offer two core add-ons along with it for those who choose to use it.

That being their own take on "NoScript" and "Adblock Plus", of course some will say why not stick to what is currently available. But my answer to that is "why?" When Comodo has always done products their own way, this way they could control the direction it goes with the aid of users feedback.

Sorry to drift off...

Back on topic, am not having any problems with this build so all good so far with Firefox and am liking the new speeded up release cycles to be fair.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
win7holic said:
Firefox version 4 or above, always seem to freeze ?
Any idea what's the problem?
Win7, my FF never freezes, a HIPS, BB, antivirus or something like that is probably causing your freeeezing,:D try to figure out what it is. In my opinion FF gets better as time goes on.

Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.