Already released. Get it from your internal updater
- You’ll encounter less website breakage in Private Browsing and Strict Enhanced Tracking Protection with SmartBlock, which provides stand-in scripts so that websites load properly.
- To further protect your privacy, our new default HTTP Referrer policy will trim path and query string information from referrer headers to prevent sites from accidentally leaking sensitive user data.
- The “Highlight All” feature on Find in Page now displays tick marks alongside your scrollbar that correspond to the location of matches found on that page.
- We’re proud to announce full support for macOS built-in screen reader, VoiceOver.
- We’ve added a new locale: Silesian (szl)
- We’ve fixed several significant accessibility issues:
- Video controls now have visible focus styling and video and audio controls are now keyboard navigable. (Bug 1681007)
- HTML <meter> is now spoken by screen readers. (Bug 1460378)
- Firefox now sets a useful initial focus in Add-ons Manager. (Bug 580537)
- Firefox will now fire a name/description change event when aria-labelledby/describedby content changes. (Bug 493683)
- Various security fixes.
- To prevent user data loss when filling out forms, we’ve disabled the Backspace key as a navigation shortcut for the back navigation button. To re-enable the Backspace keyboard shortcut, you can change the about:config preference browser.backspace_action to 0. You can also use the recommended Alt + Left arrow (Command + Left arrow on Mac) shortcut instead.
Firefox keyboard shortcuts
- We've removed items from the Library menu that weren't used often or have other access points in the browser: Synced tabs, Recent highlights, and Pocket list.
- We've simplified the Help menu by reducing redundant items, such as those that point to Firefox support pages that can also be accessed via the Get Help item.