Firefox 9 Comes with the Biggest UI Refresh Since Firefox 4 (Screenshots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Mozilla is making good progress with its Firefox web browser. It already has two versions out under the new, rapid release cycle and Firefox 7 is just around the corner.

All the while, work is done on Firefox 8 and Firefox 9. It all seems great, but Firefox 6 doesn't really feel all that different from Firefox 5 or Firefox 4.

That's one downside of the rapid release system, new versions are fairly similar. What's more, Firefox 4 was a major upgrade in the UI department and, apart from a few tweaks, much of the work in later versions of Firefox focused on the under-the-hood stuff.

That is no longer the case, the upcoming Firefox 9, which is in active development in the Nighly channel, aimed at developers, testers and advanced users, is already sporting the biggest interface changes since Firefox 4.

Read More

View screenshots

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I have the UX build of Firefox 9 in VM. I am noticing small changes with every update.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
In my opinion... this looks nothing like google chrome... and i don't see how anyone can see this? Tabs and interface are different...

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I can some what agree. One sees tabs on tops and instantly assumes it's chrome. :rolleyes:

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Firefox 9 Finally Adds a Smart and Great Looking Download Manager (Screenshots)

With four Firefox versions available at the same time, it's perhaps harder to keep track of the latest new features and changes. But if you want the cutting edge, the Nightly builds is where the action's at.

Firefox 9 is currently in active development and, while most users won't receive it until sometime early next year, if you're feeling adventurous, you can check out what the Mozilla team is up to and grab the latest Nightly builds.

You won't be disappointed, there are plenty of new things in Firefox 9 already, even when compared to Firefox 8 in the Aurora channel and one of the latest additions is a long-awaited revamped download manager.

One of the biggest complaints about Firefox, for a long, long time, has been the windowed download manager. It was very inconvenient and it didn't fit in with Firefox's overall design and user experience.

read more

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: Firefox 9 Finally Adds a Smart and Great Looking Download Manager (Screenshots)

Interesting on their NIghtly development bringing changes and new features. I can wait patiently to receive Firefox when its an official stable.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
RE: Firefox 9 Finally Adds a Smart and Great Looking Download Manager (Screenshots)

me too ,james.

D

Deleted member 178

i use it now, dont found any issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.