Firefox Becomes the New Chrome As Users Complain of Huge Memory Usage

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Firefox was unstable and resource hungry (only fanboys can claim otherwise).
I really like how the word fanboys is used in this forum. People have other experiences with X > fanboys. Soon we will only have fanboys and haters left but no discussion anymore :D
For me FF was running stable for years and it even worked on my 5+ year old laptop. I never felt the need to look at the resource usage since it ran ok for me.

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
There's a reason Chrome got so much traction when it arrived on the market, and wasn't solely due to the fact it was from Google, but was the first and proper alternative to IE (fast and stable, contrary fo Firefox).
Don't forget also Chrome has been installed as a "PUP/PUA" with lots of freeware tools... and still goes on!

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
Firefox has become heavy, uses a lot of RAM and mainly high processor usage, and even then it is slower than Chrome and Opera on my system, the day they change that maybe I will give it another chance.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Never considered Firefox a good browser, even back when we only had IE, Firefox was unstable and resource hungry (only fanboys can claim otherwise).

It has been getting worse with each rewrite not to mention the poor decisions from Mozilla itself.

There's a reason Chrome got so much traction when it arrived on the market, and wasn't solely due to the fact it was from Google, but was the first and proper alternative to IE (fast and stable, contrary fo Firefox).
Your comment is may acceptable as your opinion, but your last point is just laughable, IE is out of any discussion and you claiming that Firefox never got better than IE over all the years, probably only in the world of Chrome fanboys...

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
Hundreds of millions of people, according to Mozilla's public data.
It is in decline, that is. rsrs.png

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
Firefox has become heavy, uses a lot of RAM and mainly high processor usage, and even then it is slower than Chrome and Opera on my system, the day they change that maybe I will give it another chance.
This has also been my experience, especially on image-heavy websites like 500px, but I still prefer Firefox for its customization and extension ecosystem compared with Chromium.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.