Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
JavaScript coders targeting Firefox can now test their apps with free tools that started life serving the developers on Microsoft's once mighty Internet Explorer.

dynaTrace Software has released AJAX Edition 3 that adds support for Firefox 3.6 and 4.0 to its AJAX performance management tool.

Earlier versions had only tested AJAX apps working with Microsoft's IE 6, 7, and 8 and .NET servers.

dynaTrace is working with Microsoft to add support for IE9, released two weeks ago, but it said it's embracing Firefox now because of the large number of devs using Mozilla's browser.

IE is losing market share and dynaTrace lead architect for developer and AJAX solutions Andreas Grabner said that most IE sites are suffering in terms of development and functionality because devs have switched to Firefox or are going to Google's Chrome.

"Developers don't want to deal with IE - they are on Firefox," Grabner said. "I talk to a lot of conferences about performance optimization. I sit in a room and I ask: 'Who's using IE?' If I get one per cent on IE that's good," he said.

A major thing that has held devs back on IE has been a lack of HTML support in the browser from Microsoft - rectified in IE9 - and the gap in the HTML tools in Microsoft's flagship application development suite, Visual Studio. "I don't blame them," Grabner says of devs not building AJAX apps for IE anymore. "There were no tools for IE."

More details - link

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.