Burrito

Level 18
Verified

1568262961320.png

It indicates USA only right now.... so not sure when it will open up to the rest of the world.

I didn't read it carefully -- I'm not sure how long the trial will last.

I may give it a try.

I wonder if some of the typical VPN issues will go away if integrated into the browser..

We shall see.

Nightwalker

Level 17
Verified
Content Creator
Considering how Mozilla is dealing with DNS-over-HTTPS, I probably wont touch this VPN feature:

FIREFOX TO RESPECT ENTERPRISE FILTERS AND PARENTAL CONTROLS
Mozilla certainly hasn't heard the last of these discussions. Moving forward, the browser maker said it would try to avoid causing any problems.

For starters, Mozilla said that after it turns on DoH by default for US users, Firefox will contain a mechanism to detect the presence of any local parental control software or enterprise configurations.

If any are found, Firefox will automatically disable DoH, so the browser won't bypass parental controls or enterprise configurations and traffic filters that were intentionally set in place for users' safety.

Additionally, Mozilla is also working with ISPs to make sure users won't use DoH as a way to bypass legally-set blocklists.

The organization said it's been asking ISPs and providers of network-based parental control solutions to add a "canary domain" to their blocklists. When Firefox will detect that this canary domain is blocked, it will disable DoH to prevent the feature to be used as a filter-bypassing solution.

HarborFront

Level 46
Verified
Content Creator
Last edited: