Troubleshoot Firefox showing the wrong time on several sites including Gmail and other sites

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
For some reasons, when I see my inbox in Gmail the time will show up wrong. The same thing will happen on Incidents and Warnings - VicEmergency as well.

I went to timeanddate.com and that is showing the right time as well. I did make a bunch of changes in about:config but I am at lost to what would cause this to happen in the first place.

Anyone got any ideas?

Edit: found the cause, it appears that setting privacy.resistFingerprinting in about:config would cause this. Looks like I will need to keep it off :(

Last edited:

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
With me it happened the same, but since I stayed with him for a short time (just to test), I did not seek the solution.

Reactions: Vasudev
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.