On-device encryption
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
Real-time security
Bitdefender Total Security+Voodoo-Shield.
Firewall security
About custom security
Simple Windows Hardening(default settings)
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro+Malwarebytes Free+Eset Online Scanner+Kapersky Virus Removal Tool+Emsisoft Emergency Kit+Norton Power Eraser & Dr. Web Cure It.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Edge & Chrome(primary) all updated.
Extensions/Addons: Lastpass, HTTPS Everywhere,NordVPN,Bitdefender Anti-Tracker(Chrome),AdguardVPN(paid).
Secure DNS
Adguard DNS Filtering
Desktop VPN
6 VPN`s see 2020 Thread
Password manager
Lastpass Password Manager
Maintenance tools
Auslogics BoostSpeed 12+Wisecare 365 Pro(licensed)
File and Photo backup
Onedrive
System recovery
Acronis True Image with AV-Settings turned off
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Buying from online stores, entering banks card details
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Windows 10 Pro, Acer Aspire315-54, Radeon Vega Graphics, Quad-Core Processor(8 strings), 256GB M2 SSD+Seagate 1TB External HDD+Seagate 4TB External HDD.
Notable changes
I have added Auslogics BoostSpeed 12(licensed) & Simple Windows Hardening instead of Syshardener, Revo Uninstaller Pro & Windows Repair from Tweaking.com.
What I'm looking for?

Looking for maximum feedback.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I think you can ditch VoodooShield, as Bitdefender Total Security provides enough protection. Maybe you also want to add AdwCleaner to your second opinion scanners. If you use any browser extensions it would be nice if you could add them to your config. Otherwise really solid config. (y)

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Like @pablozi said, why so many on demand scanners?
Maybe others can suggest the most important ones?
Like @SecureKongo said, you can ditch VoodooShield.
Why four webbrowsers?
What do you use for adblocking?
He's right, I'm sure you don't use all four browsers. More browsers are also adding a bigger attack surface. Just keep your favorite ones and delete the rest. :)

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Why did You uninstall FF? issues or just following FF haters / Chrome fanboys suggestions? :rolleyes:
Absolutely agree with you. But if he wants to use Firefox it's not enough to add some extensions if he wants to be private and secure. I sadly also realized that pretty late. So if he changes his mind and reinstalls Firefox, he should defenitely search for Firefox Hardening tutorials.

FireHammer

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hi, @Gandalf_The_Grey, what second opinion scanners do you think I need, I like Kaspersky & HitmanPro a lot because they are easy & very fast to use, But I am open to suggestions.
I think those should be enough. For my kids I also use AdwCleaner. Just in case they accidently installed a pup (Potentially Undesirable Program).
Maybe the testers from the HUB have another suggestion?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.