First Chromebooks to arrive in June

Tom172

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 11, 2011
Google's Chrome OS is finally set to land, with "Chromebooks" from Samsung and Acer arriving on 15 June.

The Samsung Chromebook will feature a 12.1in screen, weigh 2.48kg, feature an Intel Atom dual-core processor and two USB ports. It will boast 8.5 hours of battery life. The Wi-Fi only version will cost $429 in the US and the 3G version will cost $499.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/367297/first-chromebooks-to-arrive-in-june

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Introducing the Chromebook

Very cool idea............not really for gammers..but I got a feeling that Google will manage to cover even that...... (OMG OMG! Google is taking over everything:lolz:)

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Chromebook - Guided Tour

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
My older brother was reading about chromebook and found out its really fast 8 seconds on booting.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
With a sager NP 8150 will start in no-time; quadro core with TH-tech, good gpu and nice ram (ddr3 1333MHz)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Google Chromebook
Nothing but the web.
Chromebooks are built and optimised for the web, where you already spend most of your computing time. So, you get a faster, simpler and more secure experience without all the headaches of ordinary computers.

Features
Security

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Just a note that two companies are compatible in chromebooks

Samsung & Acer, probably in the future more companies will be include chromebooks.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I will look that chromebooks in the future when the store in Saudi Arabia release.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Chromebooks Are Doomed to Fail

A month from today, the Chromebooks from Samsung and Acer will hit the street. Google hopes to revolutionize mobile computing and free us from the shackles of the traditional PC experience, but the Chromebook is going to fizzle.

Why? Three reasons: culture, functionality, and price.

Read more

Even if I really don't trust PCWorld articles , I've posted this because I want to know your opinion..... Do you see a future for the Chromebooks ? Would you buy one or would you go ,lets say for a standard notebook ?

Tom172

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 11, 2011
I don't see the point. Why not just buy a netbook and have access to googles services plus alot more?

If security is the reason, then get a netbook with linux. You then have alot more flexability and are more secure than a windows netbook.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.