Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Flappy Bird is flapping its wings no more.

The popular game for mobile devices was removed from online stores on Sunday by its Vietnamese creator, who said its fame "ruins my simple life".

Dong Nguyen, who created the game in just two to three days, was making as much as $50,000 a day from the game's advertising revenue.

In several Twitter posts, he said the game's removal was not due to legal issues and that he may make a sequel.

Mr Nguyen, who describes himself as a "passionate indie game maker", also said on the micro-blogging site that he will not sell Flappy Bird but that he will still make games.

_72865116_5b8fb154-b694-4517-ad0e-0a79d224837b.jpg

Flappy Bird creator Dong Nguyen announced his plan to remove the game via social media site Twitter

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26114364

Reactions: Prorootect
Y

yigido

Why he is do that ? He did not sell the game, not developed anymore?
maybe he will come up with a new game, crazier than Flappy :D

D

Deleted member 178

i have some news; in fact the Vietnamese government seeing its success with Flappy birds ask for some "heavy" taxes...

i suppose he can't afford to pay them so he has to remove it from playstore.

Reactions: Prorootect

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
i have some news; in fact the Vietnamese government seeing its success with Flappy birds ask for some "heavy" taxes...

i suppose he can't afford to pay them so he has to remove it from playstore.
That is strange, because as far as I've understand he got at least 50.000 Euro (approximately 70.000 $) EACH DAY from the Flappy Bird ads.... And with all that money, he could just have moved to Switzerland or another more tax friendly country.

I for one see this as a marketing scheme... I would not be surprised if the game would be back in the App Store within a month or so, or if he would just sell the game now....
I have Flappy Bird (47 is my record) installed, and I would have uninstalled it, but now, as it's not available, I guess I will let it installed.... And guess what, I still have the ads, so the developer is still getting his money..... Nice way of securing your user database and making the world talk about the game.... :)

D

Deleted member 178

That is strange, because as far as I've understand he got at least 50.000 Euro (approximately 70.000 $) EACH DAY from the Flappy Bird ads.... And with all that money, he could just have moved to Switzerland or another more tax friendly country.

you have to know that in Vietnam, it is not easy to leave the country especially if you want to reside abroad (long term visas is hard to get for Vietnamese citizens unless you are at the top of the pyramid), also your money can't leave the country; for example a foreigner can bring huge amount of money in VN but then they are stuck here, he can only take out small amounts (for travelling , etc).

I for one see this as a marketing scheme... I would not be surprised if the game would be back in the App Store within a month or so, or if he would just sell the game now....

that is also possible , but unlike western countries, being rich in VN bring you lot of hassle or troubles unless you have very good relations and influences, Flappy Bird's creator can even loose his right upon the game without notice for whatever reasons.

Reactions: Prorootect and Jack

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'in Vietnam, it is not easy to leave the country'

Little reminder that explains everything: Vietnam IS communist country. It has the communist government, for now .. so for poor people it's not easy (possible) to leave the country.
Sad truth here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Little reminder that explains everything: Vietnam IS communist country. It has the communist government, for now .. so for poor people it's not easy (possible) to leave the country.
Sad truth here.

even if the Vietnamese gov allows, the other (rich) countries make it difficult... even getting a simple tourist visa

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Android users can still however get the Flappy Bird_1.3.apk just google it.iPhone users can access it from there apps list if they had it.

Reactions: MalwareDetective
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.