W

Wave

I recommend you use uBlock Origin, it's one of the best ad-blockers out there in my opinion and contains sufficient functionality for you to be happy with it for sure... I've never really had a proper problem while using it.

Even though it may be in beta that does not mean it will not work correctly, it just means that it may not be stable for everyone - in the case of it not working properly and causing problems, you can report the bugs/problems to the respective developers and temporarily remove it from usage to resolve the problems until they fix the bugs with a future patch.

There are installation instructions over on it's GitHub page, just scroll down until you find the "Installation" title: GitHub - nikrolls/uBlock-Edge: uBlock Origin - An efficient blocker for Chromium, Firefox and Edge. Fast and lean.

You can download a Preview Release from the Microsoft Store;

To install beta releases directly from GitHub, you will need to side-load the extension:
  1. Download the latest release from the Releases page
  2. Extract the zip file somewhere safe (it will need to remain there as long as you use the extension)
  3. Browse to about:flags in Edge and turn on the option Enable extension developer features
  4. Restart your browser
  5. Go to Extensions in the browser menu and click Load extension
  6. Select the uBlock0.edge folder you extracted earlier
Edge disables side-loaded extensions whenever you restart the browser. However after a few seconds you will get a prompt to re-enable them with a single click.

Note
To benefit from uBlock Origin's higher efficiency, it's advised that you don't use other inefficient blockers at the same time (such as AdBlock or Adblock Plus). uBlock₀ will do as well or better than most popular ad blockers.
You can always try using the Microsoft Store again if using GitHub for the release installations doesn't work well for you.

Hope this helped & stay safe,
Wave. ;)

jamescv7

Level 61
Trusted
Verified
Adguard and Ublock Origin are so far to be one of the reliable adblocker that you can find, it does not only block advertisement but potential malicious sites too.

Adblock Plus is also good but the effectiveness seems vanish.