Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Apple blocking NSFW Discord servers made me grateful for the openness of Windows 10.
Yesterday, Discord announced a move that will block all not safe for work (NSFW) servers on iOS devices (via iMore). The move was made to allow Discord's app to work with Apple's strict policies for NSFW content on iOS devices. Tumblr removed some adult content from its platform in a similar move that helped it return to the App Store after a brief time away. It seems that Discord is taking a page from the same playbook.

Discord's move isn't quite as dramatic. NSFW servers will still be on Discord, but you won't be able to access them on iOS devices (unless you're a server owner or moderator). You'll still be able to view NSFW content on desktop apps, the web (including the web on iOS devices), and presumably Android devices.

Discord's move to fit within Apple's guidelines gave me a new appreciation for the openness of Windows 10.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
This is the beginning of censorship.
It's the same thing videogame console platform holders do. You won't see AO (Adults Only in the United States) rated games on Playstation or XBOX, and of course not Nintendo. It's not really the beginning, Apple is just enforcing policies they already had, that kept apps focused on NSFW content out of the store, on apps that also include that content but not only that content.

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.