Fortnite runs at 60 fps on Apple’s newest iPhones

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Fortnite players who are equipped with Apple’s latest iPhones now have one distinct advantage over Nintendo Switch and Android players: Fortnite on the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR now includes the option to run at 60 fps.

This means the game will run smoother and with a crisper image. That’s a higher frame rate than Nintendo Switch and Android players will get on their devices, which run Fortnite at just 30 fps.

Image_from_iOS.png

Although the frame rate is much higher on the iPhone XS, it is a more expensive device than a Switch. The Nintendo Switch currently retails for $300, while an iPhone XS starts at $1,000 for the baseline model. Most people aren’t going to pick up an iPhone XS strictly for gaming purposes — and certainly not for Fortnite alone — but those who have the latest iPhone model will get a slight advantage over Switch users. Apple’s A12 processor chip is extremely powerful, making 60 fps possible, even though it lacks a fan like the Switch.

Fortnite also runs at 60 fps on more powerful consoles, including the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One X. Android mobile devices currently cap the game at 30 fps, though an Epic Games representative says the company is “continuing to work on Android optimizations that could allow us to support a 60hz mode some time in the future.”

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Agree, minecraft as well...

Minecraft is much better and more enjoyable than Fortnite. The two problems I hate this game are battle royal style and the dance moves that literary everywhere you go, you will see people start using it.

Battle Royal style is not my taste. COD Black Ops 4 done fooked up. BattleField 5 > Call of Duty Black Ops 4 all day and night. Plus, Battle Royal games will die soon eventually. H1Z1 is a good example that the game faded away from gamers.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
My gaming era already ended with battlefield 2

But i guess below average pc is cabable to run this game anyways, since its overkill cpu compared to that 6 inch display pretty much

Or hows the mobile gaming anyways? Are those games either heavy on CPU or GPU

The A12 features an Apple-designed 64-bit ARMv8.3-A six-core CPU, with two high-performance cores running at 2.49 GHz called Vortex and four energy-efficient cores called Tempest.[3][4] The A12 also integrates an Apple-designed four-core graphics processing unit (GPU) with 50% faster graphics performance than the A11

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.