What's New in Foxit Reader?
The following is a list of exciting new features in Foxit Reader:

Easy-to-use review and commenting tools
XFA Form Filling
Free spell checker for Comments
Safe Mode Settings in Installation

Link

May 27, 2011
Light and really fast PDF reader , but i cannot find Foxit Reader 5.0.1.0523 portable version on download page :( , thats why im still using version 4.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
If you want the smallest, quickest PDF viewer, Sumatra PDF is the way to go. It definitely doesn't have any frills, but it works well.

I used Foxit for a long time, but I just never thought the PDF's looked very good. I'm much happier with PDF-XChange Viewer, but it's definitely not as small as Foxit. It's still less bloated than Acrobat and it loads pretty quick. PDF's look crystal clear. :)

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
HeffeD said:
If you want the smallest, quickest PDF viewer, Sumatra PDF is the way to go. It definitely doesn't have any frills, but it works well.

I used Foxit for a long time, but I just never thought the PDF's looked very good. I'm much happier with PDF-XChange Viewer, but it's definitely not as small as Foxit. It's still less bloated than Acrobat and it loads pretty quick. PDF's look crystal clear. :)

Perhaps no longer an issue but I know at one time it seems to me that Sumatra (which I also like, have suggested, and used to use) didn't always properly display all documents great program fast and portable.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Saru mo ki kara ochiru said:
Light and really fast PDF reader , but i cannot find Foxit Reader 5.0.1.0523 portable version on download page :( , thats why im still using version 4.

Did you try to check in http://portableapps.com

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Saru mo ki kara ochiru said:

Did you try to check in http://portableapps.com

I too prefer to use portable versions of many apps whenever possible, I checked the site above as soon as I saw mention of the updated version and found the latest available is 4.3.1.0323.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Probably soon it will update to the latest version (portable).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.