FP galore AKA AV Comparatives March AV Test results

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I was curious enough to buy a cylance license Been running it for several months. I like it. Very light and trouble-free, system impact, if any, is not noticeable. I can't really comment on detection, as I don't intentionally throw malware at it. I do not get false positives either. Plays nice with other security apps, but not all. It did block Panda Cloud Cleaner from running, so you might consider that a false positive, but I did not, I saw it as cylance protecting itself from getting "corrupted" by incompatible software. Not mean as a negative comment on Panda, just my observation.
Thank you for the info. It sounds really good and definitely worth paying for. Thank you again.

Reactions: simmerskool

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
i got a license, wait a bit for my tests imo
so far it cleared instantly the last pack but so did every other AV so i didn't post the result.
Thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing this tested.

Reactions: mekelek

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Wow these tests seem to be more and more bogus as time goes on, the false positives are funny though.:ROFLMAO:
The fact they posted on multiple forums, means they are still relevant. Majority are overly fixated on the percentages.

Source: General observations.

Last edited:

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Come on AV-C :D
I see our King of Fps (BugDefender) is less Fps than another software Wow :ROFLMAO:
and also Microsoft>Kaspersky>Eset !
I have nothing to said :confused:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
i got a license, wait a bit for my tests imo
so far it cleared instantly the last pack but so did every other AV so i didn't post the result.

interested in seeing your tests. (y) my experience cylance does an "automatic" background scan immediately after install, and finds things, and you might get a FP if it considers the FP as "not corporate pc friendly" -- (my description). I understood the few FP the initial scan found, but after that, I have not had FP.

Reactions: mekelek

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.