Expired Free 36TB cloud storage

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

cracker NK

Thread author
Verified
Jun 16, 2013
Edited by BoraMurdar

Some of the features included:
  • 36TB free
  • Desktop tool
  • Synchonization tool with Explorer plugin
  • Android and iPhone app
  • Audio/Video streaming (web content)
  • Recycle Bin (web)
  • Time machine: File control version (web)
  • Fast upload/download
  • Android and iPhone app

And some that needs to be improved
  • Only available in Chinese.
  • Desktop and synchronization applications only for Windows.

The steps if you want to get 36 TBytes for free:

1. Register here: http://yunpan.360.cn/reg You'll receive 5 GB
  2. Install the desktop application from here: http://yunpan.360.cn/index/download#windows and sign in into your account. I installed the client for Windows. Not sure if it works if only installs the Synchronization tool. This will give you 10 TBytes
  3. Install the Android app from here: http://yunpan.360.cn/index/download#android and sign in again in your account. You'll receive 26 TBytes.

it's time to learn Chinese :p

Mod Edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: yhadie69

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
The whole neighborhood can store their files. But, again too good to be free. :D

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Here is an interesting complain/ comment made by Mr Dark Knight in another forum , I visit and I don't know how good is this giveaway. I've never tried any cloud storage service before, all my windows (image/s) and file backup are done in an external hard disk.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Hmmm...I will take a pass on this one.Don't know anything about this,it's Chinese and there is no way I am ever going to use 1TB

Reactions: Koroke San

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Honestly guys, I wouldn't trust anything coming out of China after the Yunio ordeal. Personally I have signed up for this one and also Baidu gives you 2TB "free permanent" cloud storage, but who knows if that will change six months down the road, so for now I am just using them for non important items.

If I were you though, I would not go hog wild uploading stuff to them, at least do not upload anything you cannot afford to lose. For an extra measure of protection, encrypt everything you upload. And just log into them every couple of weeks or so to ensure they do not delete your free account.

Looks to me that after messing with Yunio, bait and switch is legal in China. If it were my forum, I would start blocking all traffic to and from China and any software from China. They just cannot be trusted.

BTW - Those of you that installed the desktop app from Yunpan in order to get the extra space, first it has a Trojan packed with it that Webroot picked up right away, also it does not uninstall fully and will leave a crap load of files behind on your HD.

Last edited:

Mimigen

Verified
May 22, 2013
Qihoo's Yunpan is a very good cloud solution. The company earns cash with remote tech support and ads on their hompage/ their browser's start up page( 360 Browser).
I've been using Yunpan for a long time and I simply love it.( LOL, reminds me of McDonald's)

Nah, @Dark Knight. No reason to fear Qihoo. Right now, there's a big cloud war going on in Asia and they clearly won the battle against Tencent, which is a huuuuuge company. The company had a hard time in China for not participating in the government's spy network. There are more trials with Qihoo vs. somebodyelse than you can imagine. Baidu and Tencent are constantly fighting Qihoo and Chinese news loved to blackmail them. xD
Their Internet Security product, which is also avaible in English on their EN homepage, has a higher malware/threat detection lvl than Kaspersky.
I've been using some of their services and I never had any trouble. Even tho Bitdefender scores better, QIhoo's free Internet Security safed my life twice( Bitdefender didn't detect anything)- if that's not something to be happy about then I don't know what is!

On the other hand, Tencent's 10TB cloud is suspicious to me. I don't believe in Tencent's encryption- why? I uploaded some of my videos and mp3 files and could you imagine Tencent uploaded my files( 4 GB plus) in less than a MINUTE!? How? I suspect, it simply scanned my files and ported my songs and videos from somebody else who already had them uploaded. About documents and pdf's- I don't want to blackmail anybody(Tencent) for their cloud solution, so let me clarify one thing. Tencent did not "fast-upload" any of my pictures, books, documents( etc.), which makes me believe that Tencent's cloud solution does not scan your private documents; in other words they may be secure. As for Qihoo's Yunpan, it's great.

I don't know where you downloaded Yunpan from, but there's no Trojan there, so I disagree and trust me I checked the f***ng app x100 million times.
About Yunio, it's pay to use now. Since Yunio's a "little" company, I guess the gov. took care of them. Don't trust Yunio and that chinese-american who founded Yunio!XD He's not worth your trust! I knew right away Yunio would change their business model to pay-to-use. It's a small company, whose primary budget is based on their earnings from Yunio's Cloud. They couldn't possibly stay Free forever. >.>

About storing your files in China- it all depends on the level of trust between you and the cloud service of your choice. There's no such thing as 100% perfect creditibility- neither in the West, nor in the East. As for me, I trust Yunpan rather than Tencet and I feel confident uploading my files to Yunpan, whose servers are not located in China Only.

One big minus- if you don't know any Chinese or as in my case traditional Japanese Kanji, it can be tough to use Qihoo's cloud service. The company announced that they are about to translate their apps and expand their influence in the West- but, for now, only their IS is avaible in English. Oh, about Yunpan, you'll never reach the 36TB limit. xD

To sum up, I still hate the Chinese( lol), but I love Yunpan. xD

Cheers! ^ ^

Last edited:
Reactions: yhadie69

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If it's too good to be true, then it probably is. And realistically, the majority of PC consumers do not require 36TB. It's a stupendous amount.

Always recommended to skim read these:
http://www.360.cn/privacy/v2/360yunpan.html - Use translator
http://yunpan.360.cn/resource/html/agreement.html- Use translator

I previously owned a Free 50GB Box account, but I had no use for it, consequently I closed the account. However, I wouldn't mind more 'free' storage for OneDrive, as it's linked to your Microsoft Account and can be accessed from your web browser, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 devices. Cloud storage has better functionality, once it's integrated with the devices you use every day.

Reactions: BoraMurdar

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.