Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
The winner will be decided in 2 PHASES.

This thread will be a
NOMINATION THREAD.The 5 most nominated products from this thread will be considered for the POLL THREAD from Dec 15th to Dec 31st.

How many products can you nominate? : You can nominate atmost 2 products [only free]. It can be Antivirus or Internet security or Total Security products

This thread will be closed on 14-12-2015 and a new poll thread will be opened for the second phase from 15-12-2015 to 31-12-2015.

The WINNER will be declared on 1st Jan 2016.

(
102 votes by 60 people)
-------------------------------

PRODUCT NOMINATIONS (till Coder)
Qihoo 360 Total Security (32)
Avast Antivirus (22)
Avira Antivirus (11)
Panda Antivirus (8)
Comodo Internet Security Premium (7)
Fortinet Forticlient Lite (5)
AVG Antivirus (3)
Sophos Antivirus (3)
Windows Defender (3)
Bitdefender Antivirus (2)
ZoneAlarm Antivirus + Firewall (2)
Baidu Antivirus (1)
Clearsight Antivirus (1)

Nano Antivirus (1)
Roboscan Internet Security (1)

You can also mention why you chose the product(s)........

Last edited:

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
is that free???????? :)

Yes. You can apply for a license (generally 200+ days) of it for free, and the license will be extended automatically when the days corresponding to the license run out. So I think currently we can consider it as a free antivirus, unless F-Secure wants to end this project.:)

T

TheSuperGeek

Yes. You can apply for a license (generally 200+ days) of it for free, and the license will be extended automatically when the days corresponding to the license run out. So I think currently we can consider it as a free antivirus, unless F-Secure wants to end this project.:)
Do you have a link ?
Because when I search it on google it show me F-secure Business security :(

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Do you have a link ?
Because when I search it on google it show me F-secure Business security :(

You need to register at: New Member Sign-Up. (F-Secure Protection is a "beta" project of the paid versions of F-Secure, such as F-Secure Internet Security. But it is stable in my tests.).

After the registration, you can apply for using F-Secure Protection. They will take one day to several days to review your application. It seems that all applications will be accepted at the end.

Then you will receive an email containing an account corresponding to a 5-user license of F-Secure Protection.;)

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
You need to register at: New Member Sign-Up. (F-Secure Protection is a "beta" project of the paid versions of F-Secure, such as F-Secure Internet Security. But it is stable in my tests.).

After the registration, you can apply for using F-Secure Protection. They will take one day to several days to review your application. It seems that all applications will be accepted at the end.

Then you will receive an email containing an account corresponding to a 5-user license of F-Secure Protection.;)

Going by the webpage, it seems that the product won't remain free once it's out of beta. We'll consider freeware products for the purpose of this thread.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Going by the webpage, it seems that the product won't remain free once it's out of beta. We'll consider freeware products for the purpose of this thread.

Hi, this is not the beta version of F-Secure Protection (FSP). In fact, FSP itself is the "beta" of the Internet Security (FSIS) version. The relationship between FSP and FSIS is a little like the relationship between FSIS and FSCS (F-Secure Client Security, the business edition): new modules will be added to the former one for test, and will be added to the latter one only if it is confirmed to be stable.

So, I think we can consider FSP as a runner who always runs ahead of FSIS. As long as the development of FSIS is not terminated, maybe we do not need worry about that FSP is abandoned by the company. Please correct me if I misunderstand here.:)

Well, I do not insist that FSP should be added to the poll.:)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

The winner will be decided in 2 PHASES.

This thread will be a
NOMINATION THREAD.The 5 most nominated products from this thread will be considered for the POLL THREAD from Dec 15th to Dec 31st.

How many products can you nominate? : You can nominate atmost 2 products [only free]. It can be Antivirus or Internet security or Total Security products

This thread will be closed on 14-12-2015 and a new poll thread will be opened for the second phase from 15-12-2015 to 31-12-2015.

The WINNER will be declared on 1st Jan 2016.

(
83 votes by 51 people)

PRODUCT NOMINATIONS (till Kokokid)
Qihoo 360 Total Security (28)
Avast Antivirus (21)
Avira Antivirus (11)
Panda Antivirus (8)
Comodo Internet Security Premium (4)
Fortinet Forticlient Lite (3)
AVG Antivirus (2)
Bitdefender (2)
Microsoft Security Essentials (2)
Sophos Antivirus (2)
ZoneAlarm Free + Firewall (2)

Nano Antivirus (1)

You can also mention why you chose the product(s)........
avast! and Sophos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.