Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the Winners for the Best Free Antivirus of the Year 2015 are

• 1. Qihoo 360 Total Security (33.33%)
  • 2. Avast Free Antivirus (29.7%)
  • 3. Comodo Internet Security Premium (19.8%)
Thanks to all your votes (111 of them)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From your nominations at Free Antivirus of the Year [Nominations Thread], 5 products have been selected for the final poll phase starting today.

The poll will be closed on 31st Dec 2015 and the winner revealed on 1st Jan 2016.

Do reply in this thread which product you chose and why?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also please take a moment to mention the Pro's and Con's you have found in the Product, so that it will be helpful for others while making their decision.

Related Threads:

Avast Free Antivirus - The Pro's and Con's
Qihoo 360 Total Security - The Pro's and Con's
Comodo Internet Security Premium - The Pro's and Con's
Panda Free Antivirus - The Pro's and Con's
Avira Free Antivirus - The Pro's and Con's

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
between the 4 listed, avast for its features and userfriendly. Comodo is the least user friendly.
Not to say avast doesn't have its fair share of issues and unecessary bundles which require the user to do a custom install.
Panda, has always been a hit or miss.
Qihoo 360, well I have my reservation towards this or any product released by its company, so will not comment further on it.

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
Avast for me :D

I find Comodo very intrusive, not user friendly
Qihoo 360 has a great detection rate but you can not delete the detected file if you want and is too much dependent on the cloud
Panda: didn't use it
Avast has a great detection rate, you can customize it they you want and light on system :rolleyes:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
My vote goes to: COMODO Internet Security

COMODO Internet Security provides near complete and impenetrable protection, when used by users with at least a medium level of knowledge in computers and IT in general. It provides multiple robust and (almost fully) customizable levels of protection, which are all offered for a completely free, lifetime license (no "renewal" or registration required to use the product).
However, in many (if not most) situations, it can be quite obtrusive and it is notorious for not being user friendly and as such it requires a certain level of experience in computers and/or IT to use it properly and effectively.
But, like I mentioned above, in the hands of sufficiently experienced users, COMODO Internet Security can be one of the most powerful and versatile security solutions available.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its a very though competition from now and my vote goes to which it must considered the practical yet can easily cope up by majority of users.

Avast will be my vote this time because of how it revolves the overall concepts where nothing became unnecessary but generous, we can see in the way where performance may not be perfect like multi engine AV programs but its demands is not what typically advertisement claims only.

Qihoo on the other hand, even though contains multi-AV engine part but some performance brought issues for users who experience it.

Comodo IS still better in terms of advance users.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Qihoo 360 Total Security because of it's fast programme updates (bug fixing), very good customer service, good signatures, bonus features and including Avira + BD for free, additionally, fast reaction to new threats. Compared to Avast, I didn't notice system slowdown on agressive settings. Never tried Comodo or Panda though. Did not like the free version of Avira.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.