Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the Winners for the Best Free Antivirus of the Year 2015 are

• 1. Qihoo 360 Total Security (33.33%)
  • 2. Avast Free Antivirus (29.7%)
  • 3. Comodo Internet Security Premium (19.8%)
Thanks to all your votes (111 of them)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From your nominations at Free Antivirus of the Year [Nominations Thread], 5 products have been selected for the final poll phase starting today.

The poll will be closed on 31st Dec 2015 and the winner revealed on 1st Jan 2016.

Do reply in this thread which product you chose and why?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also please take a moment to mention the Pro's and Con's you have found in the Product, so that it will be helpful for others while making their decision.

Related Threads:

Avast Free Antivirus - The Pro's and Con's
Qihoo 360 Total Security - The Pro's and Con's
Comodo Internet Security Premium - The Pro's and Con's
Panda Free Antivirus - The Pro's and Con's
Avira Free Antivirus - The Pro's and Con's

Last edited:

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
No, Q360 TS own database is updated very often and does not lag behind. Avira usually does update timely, too. BD is kinda problem. Sometimes, it lags behind for one day. In most cases, I need to manually update 3-4 times to get the new signatures (sure they might come by auto-update too). I manually update as soon as I start the PC, it's kinda habit I had with every AV I had.
According to VT + this forum, I noticed that Qihoo's Signatures a pretty strong, and they're cloud based.

As well as i noticed that Qihoo heuristic catches more than signature. I had been seen a lot of MT malware samples been detected by Qihoo as QVM something something than numbers at the end of it.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I want them to fix their privacy policy.

I hope you have checked the privacy policy of other Free Antiviruses mentioned also ;) Just because it's a China based company don't be like only they are stealing your privacy.

They are providing third party Signature and that must be costing them too. They don't even have paid Anti Virus. So I don't see any harm in get ting a good protection with the cost of my privacy ;) ( Anyway there are plenty other softwares does the same so why only blame 360 ;) )

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I hope you have checked the privacy policy of other Free Antiviruses mentioned also ;) Just because it's a China based company don't be like only they are stealing your privacy.

They are providing third party Signature and that must be costing them too. They don't even have paid Anti Virus. So I don't see any harm in get ting a good protection with the cost of my privacy ;) ( Anyway there are plenty other softwares does the same so why only blame 360 ;) )

Well, i'm kinda okay with Qihoo privacy policy since i have nothing against their company and business, but my friends and my family don't like Qihoo privacy at all.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Novice User = Qihoo, Intermediate User = Avast/Panda/Avira(require a bit of tweaking) Advanced user = Comodo(requires a lot of tweaking). It depends upon the user.

I agree with you but not fully.

Novice/ Intermediate/ Advanced User terms are not properly used. It's sounding like whoever uses 360 is a novice users :p ( hurts my ego :D:D:D since I am using 360 now :p:p:p)

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I agree with you but not fully.

Novice/ Intermediate/ Advanced User terms are not properly used. It's sounding like whoever uses 360 is a novice users :p ( hurts my ego :D:D:D since I am using 360 now :p:p:p)
My bad.. I am just saying Qihoo is easiest to operate amongst the options given hence it can cover users from novice to advanced. That goes the same for others too, we all started as novice, but yeah as we gain experience we can use all of these optimally and safely.(or use MT guides)

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
As well as i noticed that Qihoo heuristic catches more than signature. I had been seen a lot of MT malware samples been detected by Qihoo as QVM something something than numbers at the end of it.
I also noticed that. If you don't enable BD and avira in real-time protection, quihoo detects most with his heuristics

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
S

Sr. Normal

Congratulations to

@Sr. Normal , @Alex BK and @nikos200

For correctly predicting the outcome of the BET POLL (Margin: 1-5 votes) at

Free Antivirus of the Year [2015] Nominations Thread

as Qihoo beat Avast by 4 votes.....Cheers ! :):D
Never thought it would be a close run like that :) Congrats @Sr. Normal, @Alex BK and @nikos200 :)
There should have been rewards/prizes for winning this bet! :D

Congratulations to @Sr. Normal, @Alex BK, @nikos200! :p
Congrats @Sr. Normal, @Alex BK and @nikos200
I also predicted Qihoo as nr 1 but with about 10 votes ahead.
Hahaha! Thanks friends! :) Any luck ?, mistranslation? We will never know it ;):D:D:p

Congratulations @Alex BK and @nikos200! Surely you knew what you were doing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.